FT5ZM Amsterdam Island!! Jan. 2014 DXpedition!

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by W4PG, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Cut to the last page then, or scroll down in the topics listing...friendly chatting and commenting....

2. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Note the "Last QSO in database" date and time (in UTC), if your QSO was AFTER this date/time then it won't be there. Current log shows an updated time of 2014-02-06 12:54:00. They have typically been lagging by 36 hours or more.

Steve
    KV6O

3. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Their log shows me having 3 SSB qso's when it should be 1 SSB & 2 CW on 20. I got them on 20 CW (solid contact) and it showed up as SSB so did it again and again showed up as SSB. I'll do it again and see what happens, listened last night on 20 CW but the zoo was worse then it was the first few days so decided to wait till Monday.

4. N0NCO

N0NCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked them on 20m phone, running 100W into my inverted L. :) They're listening on 14.254 at the moment. Now I just need 15m & 40m.

5. VK3KTT

VK3KTT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

a great signal here now listening for na also 40m cw

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  6. K5JYD

K5JYD Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked him on 20m cw last night , very surprised to find the band open that late, should have been checking those bands all along. Oh well, got him on 20 and 40m now and haven't really made much of effort so Im happy. Nothing here but an end fed wire, home brew tuner, and an old r5 vertical and a paddle . No amp. After hearing him the first few days I didn't expect to be able to work him at all. Im lucky.
    k5jyd

7. WA8UEG

WA8UEG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Naaa, nut luck. Pure skill!!

8. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I managed to snag them at 02/08/0218z (last evening) on 20m w/100w & inverted "L".
    I went up to 14027.9 (up 5) & about fell outta my chair when he answered on my second call.
    MADE MY DAY :)
    Now waiting for "log update" (last updated 2014-02-07 13:07:00) .

"BIB / Steve

9. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Still hoping for a chance to really be able to hear them on 75...so far, no joy..they have been mainly on when E coast and EU hears them, my region is later, but they are usually QRT then on some other band...doubt I would be able to hear them with the lids jamming a weak signal like theirs..and I don't have beverages...Hi. Oh well, another time perhaps...I seriously doubt a mid grade station like mine will be that lucky.....

10. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

That's great! Always nice to get that "new" one in the log...I think they are beating 20 meters to death, wish they could some other low bands....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.