FT4TA ON AIR NOW

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by VK3KTT, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2SR

N2SR Ham Member QRZ Page

Alright, I'll make it simple.

Why do whiners like you think that everyone who worked them has "multiKW amps" and "stacks of long yagis?" I don't have a "multiKW amp" and I don't have "stacks of long yagis," yet I have 9 Q's with them.

So what exactly what YOUR POINT about "multiKW amp" and "stacks of long yagis?"

2. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Excellent! Glad you got that worked out.
    It will increase your Mixed total, right? That's a good thing.

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well this was an East Coast DELIGHT! I did the same with CLIPPERTON, got them on all bands and modes except 6 meters (even 160M) I bet no East Coasters got TX5K on 25 band modes!

4. WJ4U

WJ4U Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm happy to get em on one band mode. I'm not greedy. :)

5. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Amen to that...

6. WB0ZRD

WB0ZRD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish I could have gotten them on one band/one mode, they were never very loud here in Colorado (at least at my place). When they were reasonably strong there was so much QRM on top of them that they were covered up most of the time. Oh well, it's just a hobby for me if I live to be 129 maybe I'll get another chance at them! Of all of the DXpeditions over the last several years this one seemed to have the weirdest/nastiest group of folks hanging around.

Cheers,
    Paul

7. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

I got 5 contacts on 4 bands (I have a 5th band but need to fight them on that). No stacks here. All wires save for the tree slung three element 10 meter monobander.

8. KK7EL

KK7EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Got TX5K on 5 bands.....with QRP....and a Cushcraft R-8 vertical...from Phoenix. :cool:

I can just BARELY hear FT4TA.

9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Not only were they DIRT WEAK (except on the East Coast where they were 599 or 59+) but all these knuckleheads CONTINUOUSLY JAMMED THEM, so no wonder I never heard them coming back with my callsign!

10. KE4KY

KE4KY Ham Member QRZ Page

They were quite readable most of the time, but never as strong as you suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.