ad: vanity

FT4 addition?

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by W7OIL, Aug 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N7RF

N7RF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think you can. QRZ would need to change their programming to add a submode column.. MFSK should be the correct mode designation.

What I want to know is why the mode "DATA" keeps showing up in my Logbook when it is not a recognized mode or submode in the current ADIF standard?

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KJ6TSX

KJ6TSX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would check what HRD is exporting to QRZ??
    Just a thought Did you select default after you upgraded HRD???
    Good luck

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Correct. When entering a QSO, select the QSO Info tab and open mode pull down list; DATA is not a choice, the list conforms with the ADIF Standard.

6. N7RF

Yes, I selected DEFAULT after upgrading. Paying closer attention, here's the behavior I am seeing. Immediately after uploading to LOTW and QRZ, I pop over to QRZ Logbook to check it out. Lo and behold, all the QSO's say MFSK as they should. Some hours or a day later, while in QRZ Logbook SETTINGS, I down oad from LOTW to get the confirmations. It is at this time that my double entries show up, with the DATA mode displayed. It's almost as if LOTW has the problem, not HRD, not QRZ. The confirmations show up with the blue circle around the yellow star only on the doubled entries that say DATA.

Figure that one out... Here's a merged screen capture of a section of my QRZ Logbook to prove what I'm telling you:

upload_2020-4-7_17-59-1.png

7. N7RF

Verified. I repeated the LOTW download for yesterdays FT4 QSO's. Here's another partial screen clip. All of the "DATA" duplicate entries appeared AFTER LOTW download. Blue circle verifications only occur on the DATA mode entries. Some Gold Star confirms occur on MFSK entries without blue circle.

upload_2020-4-8_9-50-38.png

8. W1DQ

QRZ mode selections conform with ADIF.

LoTW/TQSL mode selection allows for the mode DATA (that does not conform).

tqsl.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020