FT2000RC Software

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K7LRB, Sep 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K7LRB

K7LRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings software "gurus" :)

Can anyone help me with the FT2000RC software for the Yaseu FT-2000, written by Bernd Koch, DF3CB? He makes it VERY clear he will not answer ANY questions regarding any of his software. Oh well....

My 'issue' is this: I have tried several times, unsuccessfully, to get the software to work with my FT-2000. I just downloaded the 'latest' version (June, 2019) but find no difference in either the software, nor my success in getting it to control my rig, OTHER THAN, it WILL turn it on, and that's about it. So.... it would seem to me I am 'basically' setting it up correctly, at least as regards com port settings, et al. I also notice that when I make changes in settings, the program will not 'save' them. That is, when I return to the settings menu, the original settings are back again, regardless of the fact that I entered "apply" and/or "OK" as appropriate. I also use the N4PY software and it works fine, as far as it goes, so again, com port settings 'must' be OK.

It 'seems' to me that many months ago, the first time I downloaded and ran the program, it worked fine, as far as I can recall (IF memory serves!). However, I have not been able to get it to work since.

Any help, input and/or advice will be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks and 73,
    Larry

2. WE4E

WE4E Premium Subscriber QRZ Page