ad: hrd-2

FT DX 3000 audio problem?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by LA1ZN, Jan 11, 2019 at 4:29 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. LA1ZN

LA1ZN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe some one here can help me ----- I just purchased a new Yeasu FT DX 3000 --
    But the receiving audio from the speakers sound distorted, very hi =pitched, and when listening to stations and etc the background noise is also the same ;;;--like hi pitched.
    I have and old Kenwood TS 530S,I have used for a while ,and that have a much better audio.
    I have tried several adjustments int the menu, but still not good sounding (like the 530)

2. W1FBV

W1FBV Ham Member QRZ Page

If changing the audio parameters doesn't work, make sure your filters are set appropriately and the contour/apf and notch are off. I like the audio on my FTDX-3000.

73, Jim, W1FBV

N2SUB likes this.
  3. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You might also check the Shift and more important the width adjustments. If you still don't have any luck, you might try attaching a set of head phones just to see if there's something strange in the audio amp or speaker.

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Brand new?

Exchange it for another one.

5. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Try all the above suggestions - the filtering, audio contour, DSP settings etc. My FTdx3000 sounded great right out of the box, and I came from a TS530 too. If not, maybe there is something wrong with it. Audio preferences are so subjective that it's really hard to tell without actually sitting down in front of it.

6. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

Complete reset?
    Mike N3PM

7. LA1ZN

LA1ZN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you for all answers------ Figured it out --with some minor tuning /set up errors I had done ==All sound just great right now , and looking forward to learn more of this radios features
    Happy DX

73 JAN ----W2/LA1ZN -------W2JAN

8. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL! All of my 3000 "problems" so far have been op induced as well. It takes time to remember that the radio "remembers" where it was set from band to band. It is a GREAT radio once you let it teach YOU how to use it!

9. KK4CUL

KK4CUL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hardly ANYTHING sounds as good as the hybrid Kenwood rigs. Did you have the external SP-230? When I had my TS-830S with the SP-230, it sounded almost like listening to AM broadcast band on a home stereo with floor standing speakers compared to most other transceivers!