FT* Broken BOT Thread

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by WF4W, Aug 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Tired of all the broken BOTS so thought I'd start a thread...

Whether it's broken sequencing (wont advance), or continuously answering CQs even AFTER working a minute before - TWICE, or calling me over and over and over for a ridiculous amount of time. . .

Here's my first entry - this COMPUTER started calling me at 6:30am EST --- it is now 7:50am EST and it is STILL calling me...

upload_2019-8-27_7-50-40.png

I am now an advocate of JOE building full automation into WSJTX just so amateur coders are screwing up their scripts and creating stupidity on the air...

W1TRY likes this.
  2. WF4W

still calling... and yes, i have 'texted' him via JTalert and sent an email...

upload_2019-8-27_8-8-7.png

3. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's probably out mowing the lawn :p

KK5JY likes this.
  4. WF4W

finally stopped after 93 minutes...

5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

:eek:

KK5JY likes this.
  6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess, thats how a person gets certain awards with 5 band digital endorsements. (See his QRZ webpage)

7. KJ4VTH

@KM4UJI 93 minutes??

My timeout set at 2 minutes. And always present at the controls. Just a suggestion.

K4AGO, W2VW, K4RKY and 3 others like this.
  8. WF4W

same station now on 20m - i tried to work them but it wont advance and wont stop transmitting...

upload_2019-8-27_14-42-40.png

9. KJ4VTH

I have worked the fellow successfully on multiple bands. Hope he will see the notification here and follow up and fix these issues.

10. AG6QR

AG6QR Subscriber QRZ Page

You might consider changing your transmit frequency. Someone else might be generating QRM over you at the frequency you had been using.

But regardless, he has a serious problem if he puts his station in a state where it transmits virtually endlessly, and it's not your issue to get him unstuck. It's polite to give it a reasonable try, but the primary responsibility rests solely with the control operator of the station stuck in the loop.