ad: MonitorSens-1

FT-991A MODS VHF UHF ???

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by IZ7FTU, Apr 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have found no such modification - and I have looked. I take my radios to our boat from time to time and I do like every transmitter on the boat to be capable of transmitting on the marine VHF band - just in case!

Martin

2. DK1MAT

DK1MAT Ham Member QRZ Page

TNX Martin!
    Same here: no solution found. Asked as well tech. experts from diff. dealers. Answer: no solution available, buy US-version! Ouch!
    Hope there is a "technical guru" who finds a solution. TNX in advance to the once who try hard!

73 and good dx - olaf

3. KX2U

KX2U Ham Member QRZ Page

I would be curious to see if someone to compare the jumpers of the EU version to the US and see if there are any jumpers "jumped" that re not or are on the other version.

4. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Trouble is that Yaesu have made them pretty inaccessible. If it was like my 7300 which just requires one panel removed, I would gladly take a look, but the 991A has to be significantly dismantled in order to get at the jumpers - a lot more than I would want to do without some prospect of making the modification that I want!

Martin

5. W5JGW

W5JGW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess you've never been a MARS operator where the equipment is ALWAYS operated outside the HAM bands. Make blanket statements, get corrected.

6. N3FAA

N3FAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, please allow me to correct you. Did you read my statement regarding type acceptance? Using non-type accepted equipment where type accepted equipment is required is not part of the hobby. There is no type acceptance for the MARS service. Assuming you are or actually have been a MARS operator, that is something you should know. There are technical standards, but no type acceptance.

So once again, back to what I said, using non-type accepted equipment where type accepted equipment is required (i.e. GMRS, Part 90 business band, Part 80 Marine, etc.) is not part of our hobby.

You are dismissed.

7. N8ARY

N8ARY Ham Member QRZ Page

And cue the bandplan Karens....

8. M3GFO

M3GFO Ham Member QRZ Page

The ft991 will tx/rx out of band you need to downgrade the mai firmware to version 213
    then power the radio off and press lock fast f(m.list) and power the radio up while holding the buttons in
    please note this will turn your radio into an american version and the auto repeater shift will need to be turned off
    and repeaters programmed in manualy

!!! CAUTION once done there is no way to restore the radio back to a uk version so do this at your own risk CAUTION !!!

This does nit work for the 991(A)

9. N3QAM

N3QAM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And the citing type
    acceptance in the states where the OP is not operating from