FT-991A MODS VHF UHF ???

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by IZ7FTU, Apr 3, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. IZ7FTU

IZ7FTU QRZ Member

hello, I wanted some information on the ft-991a, the just bought I wanted to know how to do the bandwidth expansion on vhf uhf, I found they are like expanding the hf doing jp3003 jumper, instead I do not find how to expand the vhf uhf now the radio in tx 144-146 mhz there is a way to go in tx up to 148mhz, perhaps because the European version? I ask you for help as I wait for your answer. Thank you.

2. IZ7FTU

IZ7FTU QRZ Member

3. KC8QVO

KC8QVO Ham Member QRZ Page

The US version has 2x resistors, they appear anyway, in JP3001 and JP3002. They are marked with "000". The mods.dk site shows solder bridges in these places. I assume the "resistors" are 0 ohms. I tested continuity across them.

I do not know if this will expand the VHF coverage or if there is something else in the radio/software that affects it. You may check the firmware in the radio. There are updates available. The US version of the yaesu website has the downloads for the software updates (NOTE: there are different ones for the FT-991 and the FT-991A. I made that mistake and bricked the rig with the FT-991 version on an FT-991A, then realized my mistake and went through the flashing process again - radio works fine now).

Check the thread I created on this for more notes:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/ft-991a-expanded-tx-on-vhf-uhf.623521/