FT-818 - Where made?

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by WC5P, May 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Kicking around the idea of getting an FT-818. Could someone please let me know where that model is made? Japan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, etc?

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaesu_FT-818

Dave
    W7UUU

3. WC5P

W7UUU likes this.
  4. N8AFT

N8AFT Ham Member QRZ Page

not here.

KA0USE likes this.
  5. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

The rig or you??

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

6. WS9K

WS9K Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got one from HRO, says MADE IN JAPAN on the serial number tag

7. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Years ago I had an FT817. I really liked that radio. After that I changed to an IC 703+, KX3 and a KX2. I really like my KX2 for a, "Go To" portable QRP radio. BUT......I never disliked my FT817. I think they are great little, "Do All" radios and I am sure you will enjoy the FT818 if you get it.

Good luck,
    Barry

8. WC5P

Thanks Barry. I just ordered one, along with a cw filter. Should be here on Monday. After I play around with it a bit, there are probably a few accessories which I will need to order, particularly a spare battery. I think somebody makes a device to protect the power connector . Might need an external antenna tuner, depending on how well it plays with my existing antennas.

9. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page

Look into getting the LiPo batterymod for the radio. It comes with a new door and charger. It also has a switch on the door to disconnect the battery.

10. KU3X

KU3X Ham Member QRZ Page