ad: ARR

FT-817ND Power Plug Size

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by K8INA, Sep 19, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
  1. K8INA

K8INA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all, can anyone tell me the size of the power plug on the Yaesu power cord as supplied with the '817? The one for the LDG tuner is 2.5mm X 5.5mm and the cable goes for $4.95. The E-DC-6 cord from Yaesu is $9.95. Neither one is fused. If they are the same size, price rules.... thanks, Jeff K8INA

2. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

Uh-oh.

Google is your friend.

Internet consensus seems to be a 4mm by 1.7 mm connector. Radio Shack 274-532 and Philmore TC240 are said to be that connector.

Add a fuse. Or two.

3. K8INA

K8INA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you... I will have to make a run to Radio Shack and try to explain to the Cell Phone salesman what I need. Ah for the good old days....

4. KC1BMD

KC1BMD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For future reference: Yaesu amateur service indicated E-DC-6 cable plug size is: 1.7mm x 4mm x 9mm

5. W6FYK

W6FYK Ham Member QRZ Page

Buy OEM.

My 817ND went back twice because of aftermarket 2 amp wallwart and/or aftermarket CAT cable.

Hams should not be cheap.

© Burt

6. KC1BMD

KC1BMD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Correction: 1.7mm x 4mm x 9.5mm

7. VA3ICH

VA3ICH Ham Member QRZ Page

I've just been able to source a version from Vetco in Seattle for $2.99. Christopher was even able to help me with shipping to Canada which is always a challenge.
    Please consider ordering from here if you need parts (and don't want to simply feed China / Amazon / etc.).

https://vetco.net/products/1-7mm-dc-power-plug-w-6-cable-ph-tc240