For Sale FT-817ND and Accy's

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by KV4TT, Jun 12, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KV4TT

KV4TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Ft-817nd - Modified as follows:
    Sotabeams Laserbeam-817 DSP Filter Installed (See Photos)

Hi-Z Tap board Installed using KD2C PAT V Board Tapped at RF input to receiver with output to SMA on rear panel providing output for an SDR receiver. IT IS NOT AN I.F. TAP, you can see everything the 817 sees from the antenna, use CAT control with your SDR software, no need to set an I.F frequency, you can see the whole band if your SDR has the bandwidth. It isolates the SDR well enough that the SDR is protected without an external switchbox.

Tapped the key line for keying external amplifier and/or T/R switch, etc. Output is to RCA jack on rear panel (See Photo)

Restored 12v output to the Acc Jack

The 817nd came to me with a botched "Solder Blob" mod from the previous owner attempting to open up the Tx limits, the U.S. band limits have been restored with point to point short wires due to damaged traces at the jumper points.

The Main Encoder is replaced with a new one.

The SEL encoder is replaced with a new one.

The The AF/RF-SQL pot is original.

The 817nd Receives and transmits well. My meter shows 5w or slightly more output on all bands.
    The display and outward appearance of the case are good, but not perfect. (See Photos)
    It is missing one case screw on the lower right rear side.

I have used it as my main rig for a couple of years with an amplifier and SDR used as a panadapter.
    Other than having only two IF bandwidths to choose from, and limited front panel buttons and knobs,
    I found it on par with most higher end rigs I have used, even SDR's.

I'm looking forward to a new project now and it's time for this one to move on to a new home.

Included with the 817nd are:
    1- Windcamp Lipo Battery and charger (Charges and still works fine) (The charger is not shown in the photos but is included)
    1- Yaesu Vinyl Case
    1- Yaesu Neck Strap
    1- Cat Cable
    1- RH536 vhf/uhf antenna (probably a clone, but it works good!)
    1- Original Battery compartment door
    1- Yaesu AA Battery Holder
    1- Nifty Manual
    1- Small printout of the manual
    1- Anderson PowerPole adapter mounted on the DC input jack
    20190611_190115.jpg 20190611_163827.jpg 20190611_163838.jpg 20190611_161636.jpg 20190611_163938.jpg 20190611_161343.jpg 20190611_161548.jpg 20190611_163918.jpg 20190611_161521.jpg

No box or other accessories are included.
    $550.00 - Shipped only to lower 48 - PayPal Only - Smoke Free
    I have an SDRplay RSP1a for an additional $99.00 if someone needs an SDR receiver to go with the 817nd
    KV4TT - Mike

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    AA1AZ, K3SSB, AF7EC and 1 other person like this.
  2. KN4OMJ

KN4OMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You still have this?

3. KV4TT

KV4TT Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it is still available.
    Happy to answer any questions!

KV4TT - Mike

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Unverified Sellers - are sellers who have not yet completed the Verified User program at QRZ.
    As of July 1, 2019, only Verified sellers will be permitted to list in this forum.