For Sale FT-817/818 Connector Protectors

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by KB1UM, Aug 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KB1UM

KB1UM Ham Member QRZ Page

I've started a small business as the outlet for my creative life, and call it Creative Life Products. I’ve been a ham for decades, and have made all kinds of useful accessories for my station over the years. I thought my fellow hams might like some of them too! So, here’s the first one, a handy accessory for a very popular radio we all know and love, the Yaesu FT-817/818.

If you take your 817 or 818 out for portable ops (and who doesn’t?), you know that dirt, moisture and the resulting corrosion of its connectors can cause real problems. I’m sure you’ve seen plenty of rigs of various kinds with corroded connectors at hamfests. Who wants that?

I sure didn’t, so I created a complete set of protective rubber connector caps for the Yaesu FT-817, FT-817ND and FT-818 QRP transceivers. I call ‘em the Connector Protectors. Designed specifically for these radios, the caps are custom 3D-printed in the USA from a durable, rubbery plastic that helps keep out moisture and dirt, extending the life of your expensive transceiver.

For $22 shipped (anywhere in the USA), you get the complete set of 4 Connector Protectors. Check 'em out in the pictures below!

Each Protector has a retaining ring, so you won’t lose it when you’re mountaintopping for SOTA or operating by the pool, at the cabin or at a campsite in the woods. The set covers every jack on the radio.

Each plug on the rear set can be opened individually, without disturbing the others. Open only the ones you need, while protecting the rest.

The side Protector covers both the mic and speaker jacks, along with the speaker/headphone switch, and fits snugly against the rig.

The BNC Protector for the front antenna jack has a carefully designed retaining ring that’s strong yet thin enough that you can put on a normal 50-ohm BNC plug with the ring in place. It’s been tested with the stock Yaesu rubber duck and a variety of BNCs. (Some 75-ohm BNCs are too deep to fit comfortably on the radio, even without the Protector, but you shouldn’t be using those anyway!) The Protector also has a ridge on the rim to make pulling it off easy.

The rear SO-239 Protector has its own retaining ring, so it can be installed and rotated separately from the long Protector that covers the other jacks. It also has the ridge for easy removal.

This product has been made by a ham for hams! It really helps protect the rig under typical portable operating conditions. (Of course, nothing will save the radio in a downpour, so please use common sense and keep the rig out of the rain!)

I’m sure you will enjoy your set of Connector Protectors. If you decide you don't want them, return them within 30 days for a full refund. I've been using mine for awhile, and I wouldn't take my 817 out without 'em!

Here’s how to order. You can order with a credit or debit card, and you don’t need a Paypal account. Just click on the link below, and the rest is easy.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=PKR8U9W84A8AA

If you have any questions, please email me at clp@mgtechblog.com. Foreign orders usually can be accomodated with extra shipping, depending on the destination. (I’m still working on this.)

Coming soon from Creative Life Products, an exciting new battery system for the 817/818!

73 and happy QRPing de Michael, KB1UM, founder of Creative Life Products.

20190705_194008.jpg 20190705_194008.jpg 20190705_194312.jpg 20190705_194502.jpg 20190623_170618.jpg 20190623_170644.jpg 20190623_170738.jpg 20190623_170819.jpg 20190623_171039.jpg 20190623_171050.jpg 20190623_171126.jpg