Hi Roger, that's what I thought but was unsure. I did test it out earlier and verified that I was pretty much about where I needed to be on the pot. Regarding the two resistors. I'm not sure yet, waiting on replacement resistors to show up tomorrow. I no longer have a cache of misc electronics parts to swap and sub. Though poking them around seemed to cure it for the most part and considering they need replaced anyways I will do it. On the link from N8YX, they have interesting information here about upgrading the socketed transistor - http://foxtango.org/ft101/n-channel mosfet.htm. I went ahead and ordered it for kicks and see if it makes any real difference. I didn't clean the card edge connector itself but when this whole thing started I was pushing every module back and forth with a pair of chopsticks to see if anything changed and it didn't. I didn't look TOO hard at the card edge connector but it didn't look awful. When I replace the resistors I'll properly clean the card edge connector too while I'm at it for good measure. Will keep you guys posted if it works.