ad: UR5CDX-1

Frustrations with CW OPs who can't spell correctly

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by W0RIO, Nov 18, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

UR RITE OM.

W9JEF likes this.
  2. W9JEF

W9JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Tnx fr th cmt, hp 2 bcnu n th bnds. :cool:

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Or what I used to ask girls when I was in my teens: B4I4Q RU/18?

LOL.

Morse code IS. Really old, older than radio, but to this day proves itself effective and if you're good, faster than RTTY or PSK31.:) Unlike KB modes you can make up abbreviations as u go alg es ppl get it fb.:p

AD5KO and N2EY like this.
  4. W9JEF

W9JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Is laughter possible on RTTY? A Morse giggle is didididit, didit. A really hearty laugh: dit....dit....dit....dit.........dit...dit.

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

RTTY is boring, I haven't used it in about ten years.

Then, I find the digi modes boring also.:p

6. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't mind poor spelling myself, It comes with the package. What I do detest are bug owners who should not be bug users.
    You know those guys. Outta just look at them cause they sure can't use them and be understood.
    RTTY and digi are boring compared to CW I agree.

NK2U and WR2E like this.
  7. K8PRG

K8PRG Ham Member QRZ Page

Half the words are abbreviated anywayz...throw all the rules of correct spelling out the window.
    Let's talk about something more important....like can you send and take a swig of beer at the same time?

8. K5UJ

K5UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

10 or 11 years ago I was on the West coast on business and after around a week I had some free time one afternoon. I pointed my rental car towards Sunnyvale and went to HRO to look around. The store was, not surprisingly, full of new stuff which didn't interest me at all. But they had a PSK31 demonstration station set up and I looked at it. This was my first and perhaps only look at a digital mode in operation, apart from VHF packet and years ago, mechanical RTTY. After watching the cursor crawl across as someone somewhere typed, I thought to myself that this was about as interesting as watching paint dry. I dabbled in VHF packet around 15 years ago and pulled the plug on it after six months because it turned out all the fun was getting it set up. I think the only data mode I might find fun and challenging would be analog baudot RTTY with mechanical gear. But what I'm doing now is enough. I guess like Joe Walsh, I'm an analog guy.

9. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yah, I've been dealing with computers non-stop since my first real job in 1979. I think I'll stick to analog modes... I think you nailed it - much of the fun and challenge of any mode is getting it to work. Whence QRP, I suppose.

10. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree with the challenge needed to keep one's interest peaked. I keep a few old tube and xtal TX's going on the air in a hap-hazard rotation.
    Yes, the low power is lots of fun especially running something home brew be it tubes or solids.
    I have been having a ball running a 50c5 Bare Essentials TX for the past few weeks with good results. It's a crystal oscillator with coils for 40 es 80m.
    I had to rethink how to operate it when I found it didn't load an antenna like a normal rig. I now use a field strength meter to tune with. The swr is showing around 3 to 4:1 during max radiation of around 5+ watts output. So it is sorta counter intuitive tuning but works out quite well.