ad: ProAudio-1

Frost Fest Richmond/Prices

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by K4YND, Feb 22, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K4YND

K4YND Ham Member QRZ Page

I and three buddies went to the Richmond hamfest. We drove in Friday afternoon, set up our tables and then went out for a nice dinner before returning to hotel. When we arrived sat morning, I was approached by the other venders with some low offers. I said come back at 11:00. I was selling two complete lines of 520/520SE gear that I had advertised on QRZ with no luck. Hamfest had a pretty nice crowd with many tire kickers. I lowered my already nice prices at 9:00 and then again at 10:00. There were 4 or 5 other 520's for sale for more than I was asking for entire line. I ending up selling to guys who I believe will put the gear on the air. I also sold a Heathkit HX1681/HR1680 line as well. I sold paddles and other smalls. By 11:00 my table was empty. I walked around and I believe all of the 520s were still there as were many other transceivers.
    I don't understand why guys haul the same gear to fest after fest with inflated prices.

I had a great time and came back with some cash. Best part was the look on my wife's face when I told I did not buy anything.

KI4WCK, KC3FWF and KG5EXW like this.