ad: expert-3

FROM TECHNICIAN TO EXTRA IN 2 MONTHS!

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KE8OOV, Aug 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KO4ESA

KO4ESA Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations. Spectacular work. Enjoy the hobby and get some antenna books to keep the hobby fun.
    KO4ESA
    WRJR757

2. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Don't let the old guard discourage you! What they fail to recognise is that competence to drive a car or practice medicine is critical whereas ham radio is of no importance whatsoever... You've passed your exams - now enjoy!

Martin G8FXC

K4GTE likes this.
  3. AD7SK

AD7SK Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations! I took twice as long, but a death in the family delayed it a month.

SAT work!

4. K4GTE

K4GTE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations ! Don't let the old guys discourage you, if they had their way, like the "good old days", the amateur service would be dying, not growing. From an old guy but a relatively new ham.

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I disagree with that statement, the Governments around the world would not issue licenses for this Service.

Just look at all the knowledge people have gained through the art of radio, and how it has advanced the modern world.

This new Extra class is learning technical things/ which is good for the world.

6. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

They issue licences for things like GMRS and CB (well, ok, that has gone licence free) - which are of no importance whatsoever. I was responding to a post suggesting that issuing a ham radio licence to people with minimal technical knowledge was as irresponsible as issuing a driving licence to someone who could not drive or a licence to practice medicine to someone with no knowledge of medicine. That is patently stupid - nobody is going to die or be seriously injured by incompetent operation of a ham radio rig...

Martin (G8FXC)

7. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ross Hull would disagree but was unavailable for comment.

KP4SX and K0UO like this.