ad: QuirkyQRP-1

...from Kenedy county TX with love...

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by AA7EJ, Sep 29, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. AA7EJ

AA7EJ Ham Member QRZ Page

A planned "expedition" to activate Kenedy county - ham population ZERO was a moderate success despite some last minutes obstacles.
    Appreciate some 150 contacts , I did not count the paper log yet.
    Participation from outside TX was so - so on 20 meters where newly designed "half delta loop " worked just fine - tied to "dead end " street barricade.
    Same for "40 meters short center loaded vertical" with radials strung on top of ranch fence.
    Too bad paper log stopped me from "hunt and peck" , I hate being told "dupe".

One event stood up - I been told that "you are on mobile frequency, QSY". I did not hear the alleged mobile, and was wandering what is so special about being mobile in TX QSO party to deserve "clear frequency."
    Nevertheless, I moved few kc off the frequency , called CQ and a mobile ( not sure if it was same one TX QSO party band police chased me of its frequency) reply and we connected 4 counties in resulting QSO's . He moved and I was running portable on the border of two counties!

Park was OK, fishing lousy and starting QSO party after the Sun has been up for 3 hours seems silly.

73 Shirley portable 5 in Willace and Kenedy counties in South West Texas