From Cell to Node stays active only 1min and 1 sec

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KG5OLD, Dec 12, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
  1. KG5OLD

KG5OLD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use my cell to get contacts from other nodes and all works well. When anyone connects from cell to my node the node disconnects as a timeout after 1min and 1sec of connection. What can be the trouble? I have changed on setup all the tx and rx timing seconds but the time of connection remains 1min and 1sec. Could this be a pc timing restriction???? PUZZLED. I'm using an acer notebook with a rig blaster connection to PC and I can tx and rx from the node using my pc with no timing issues but as soon as anyone comes in from the I-net the timing issue appears.

2. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have had the same problem. My friend, NZ2K dials up the repeater in Shaftsbury and while driving, gets timed out. Who controls the time out, the person who dials in or the repeater owner? Can a user fix the time out issue?

de NK2U

3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Normally the repeater owner sets the TOT (Time Out Timer) to < 3 minutes.

You have to stop transmitting before 3 minutes, So that the TOT resets and gives you another 3 minutes.

Most repeaters have a tone that tells you the TOT reset.

4. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the crazy thing was that my friend was talking at the time and was well under 2 minutes.

de NK2U

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

One problem is, When traveling and you switch cell phone towers your IP address can change.

Then you lose connection and need to reconnect.

Here is some asp code that I put together to test for a IP change.

www.winforce.net/refresh.asp

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  6. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah! That explains it! I'll have to let him know. Thanks again,

de NK2U