ad: Halibut-1

FREE RADIO for New Hams with the QRZ Jumpstart Program!

Discussion in 'Videos and Podcasts' started by KC5HWB, Sep 6, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N4CAX

N4CAX Ham Member QRZ Page

K8NY, AK5B, K9EZ and 4 others like this.
  2. KY4OA

KY4OA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have learned a lot from his YouTube videos. This coming from a person who has been around Ham radio my whole life and been licensed for 30.

W9EBE and KQ1V like this.
  3. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would be more excited if "they" were giving away a Motorola APX! :p Just kidding, but really...

4. W2JLD

W2JLD Ham Member QRZ Page

least we forget that this program of a freebie is NOT going to last forever, it seems to run out very soon...so get on the band wagon and get the freebies while they last.....why do we need qrz and gigaparts to do something like this...its not rocket science.
    Maybe the bright minds at ARRL might do this on a regular basis or even the money grabbers at the fcc would give a radio away for free to newly licensed hams under 16 yrs of age

5. K6VOX

K6VOX Ham Member QRZ Page

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............

Attached Files:

KQ1V likes this.
  6. KG4RRN

KG4RRN Ham Member QRZ Page

Some hams have a point of overstating the obvious....so if you dont like certain people move to Cambodia....and try operating there...:eek:

KQ1V likes this.
  7. KC5HWB

KC5HWB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The videos aren't for you, but you can't see that. So what is a synonym for blind? Typhlotic? Visionless? Unseeing?
    You aren't helping others by QQing about others who help others.

That post doesn't have a video interview with Fred. Again... Unseeing? In The Dark? Pick one...

W5MDB and KQ1V like this.
  8. KC5HWB

LOL, I love this gif...

KQ1V likes this.
  9. KC5HWB

Thank you for the kind words.

KQ1V likes this.
  10. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Jason, I'd also add "clueless" in your list of adjectives!

W5MDB likes this.
  11. KK7IDJ

KK7IDJ Ham Member QRZ Page

as of today 9/9/22, they are out of stock. Sounded great though!

KK7IDJ

12. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Making a video on this is fine. The problem is that we already have at least two other, prior 'main page' posts on the program. Why did we need a third?

Jason doesn't control what gets posted on QRZed.

KC5HWB likes this.
  13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't see that. CBers may decide to dealve into a very tight niche but there is no incentive in CB to become 'radio literate'.

BECAUSE WE TEST, a Part 97 license requires a non-trivial memorization, if not mastery, of some pretty wide swathes of radio knowledge. Not so with CB.

KC5HWB likes this.
  14. N3DMV

N3DMV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Since the thread has been cleaned up quite a bit, thankfully, I wanted to jump in to add (so as not to be taken out of context) that the post I'm quoting here isn't "the hate" I was referring to in my post on the first page. Just in case someone in the future is looking at this thread and sees my post directly after that one.
    Best regards! (73)

KQ1V and KC5HWB like this.
  15. KI5WRL

KI5WRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got my radio today; thanks, QRZ and Gigaparts! P.S. I heard about this program from Jason on HamRadio 2.0.

N3DMV and KC5HWB like this.