Free Custom QSL card design

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AG5WT, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KN4USQ

KN4USQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm trying to design and print my own, I could use some help. Basically the card would look like my avatar.

2. W4ZD

W4ZD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Glen, I really loved your family photo album on your website. Brought back some fine old memories of my own. :)

3. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

If I'm ever in need of new QSL cards, I'd take up this offer; but hard-copy QSL cards are becoming less used yearly and I still have probably 250 left of the last 1000 I ordered a few years ago.

For me, I just submit a photograph I've taken somewhere representative of my location and that becomes the front, with just my callsign and maybe a small bit of printing over it; the "back" is just a standard QSL template nobody cares about but includes all the required data for confirmations.

One thing I've learned over the years is to mail all QSLs in envelopes, so when the post office lets-screw-up-everything machines go at it, the bar code they print doesn't cover up important parts of the QSL card. I have a lot of cards that were mailed as just postcards without envelopes that have USPS bar codes printed right over the other station's address or some other information that might be important.

Most DX cards come via the Bureau, in envelopes, so this doesn't happen with them. The "problem" is directly-mailed cards, which are almost all domestic.

WA9SVD likes this.
  4. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW.....WOW....... GLEN,

WHAT A SUPER SITE YOU HAVE.

TKS A MILLION FOR A WONDERFUL STROLL DOWN MEMORY LANE.

Hats_off[1].gif

N9HI_Have_a_Nice_Day.gif
    73 - K1LKP

5. AG5WT

AG5WT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'd be glad to help. Send me a private message with details.

WZ7U likes this.
  6. KN4USQ

KN4USQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you, I'd like my card to look like my avatar. My call sign and name sketch1572267838670.jpg on the front maybe across the map and all other typical info on back.

7. AG5WT

Waiting on some info for the back, but how do you like this?

KN4USQ.jpg

KN4USQ likes this.
  8. WR1O

WR1O Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been a ham for approximately 35 years and I have never had a QSL card, I would love to take you up on your offer. I have no idea what I want. Any help is greatly appreciated.

9. AG5WT

Sure, want me to just wing it?

10. WR1O

WR1O Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure, I operate a lot of HF mobile, use your artistic talents. :)