Free Custom QSL card design

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AG5WT, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G3ZPF

G3ZPF Subscriber QRZ Page

If you are up for doing this each year, maybe the QRZ admin could hold a christmas draw each year, with 4 prizes of one of your cards?

I'm fortunate enough to be able to turn out something presentable from scratch using my very old copy of Photoshop 7 but there are plenty who can't.

2. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

Those are not templates sir, I would have suspected a 20 year graphic arts guy would have known that. Individually created, taylored and printed on Xtra heavy card stock. Corel Draw and a couple other pro programs. Can you post a bit of your work? 73 Rich

3. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

5U:

Hail Caesar!

WT:

I made the 1950s / 1960s designs available because a fair number of operators wanted to be able to re-create cards that they used during their early days in amateur radio. The WRL, and Walter Ashe, cards were very cheap and, as such, were very popular with, especially, Novice Class operators. The General Electric cards were provided free by GE and were very popular with higher class licensees as well.

Over the years, I have used various QSL designs including a few, basic, designs that I drew myself:

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/11...ownloads/QSL_-_cards_-1.pdf?ver=1570751569858

If I really wanted an elaborate QSL design, I would probably have my eldest daughter do the design. She has been a graphics / commercial artist for over 30-years as well as a nationally recognized fine arts artist. Her main website is

http://fineartofrebeccazook.blogspot.com/

However, I doubt that many amateur radio operators would want to pay what she gets from her clients, as well as for her paintings! As such, your offer is VERY generous! Good graphics artists get a lot of money for their work and excellent graphics artists get absurd amounts of money for their work! Then, you don't even want to know what the top artists get!

Glen, K9STH

W9RAC likes this.
  4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like a duel challenge. I'll get out the popcorn.

W9RAC likes this.
  5. W9RAC

I'm not a professional graphics arts person. I did create all my card designs from scratch, not from a "template ". These are not modified designs from other cards with simply the name and address changed or a outline of a product used elsewhere. They are a unique replication of cards as sent 1930's era which for most Amateurs today are inadequate regarding contesting information needed. I do not offer them to others, I send them out for CW contacts only along with my designed envelopes and vintage amateur postage stamps. Each card I send is a 4$ investment, hardly a "template ". My response was to correct the misunderstanding he has. It's not often an opportunity happens which allows me to review and enjoy a professionals work, I was hopping to do just that. No salt please on mine. 73 RAC

6. AG5WT

AG5WT Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess I just assumed since you were posting in a thread about helping someone to get a QSL card that you were offering something. My mistake.

I'm just trying to do something nice for someone that maybe can't do it themselves in the same way you've been able to.

7. AG5WT

I'd love to show you my chops. If we can find a good candidate for my offer, I'd be glad to showcase my work.

8. AG5WT

Would anyone like to make a nomination?

9. W9RAC

It's nice to have a professional to have joined in, I hope to see your designs. Congratulations on your upgrade also. 73 Rich

10. AG5WT

Thank you sir!