Free Custom QSL card design

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AG5WT, Oct 10, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AG5WT

AG5WT Ham Member QRZ Page

Since I'm new to the forums, I figured I should find a way to make a contribution. I've been a graphic designer for almost 20 years, and I figure there might be some folks out there that need QSL cards designed. I think I'll set a limit to 4 cards, so I have enough time to get to them all, but I wanted to see if it's something you guys are even interested in. Also, I don't know how to go about selecting who gets them. On one hand, I could just offer it to the first 4 people interested, but I was thinking it might be better to let the community decide who deserves/needs a card? I'm not sure, what do you guys think?

PY2RAF, G3ZPF, W2JKT and 1 other person like this.
  2. YF8RQN

YF8RQN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for the idea Jhonnie,
    In my opinion it is very good if the priority of the choice is given to radio amateur friends who need it or are conveyed through the forum admin, and those who will choose who has the right to receive it, with measurable criteria of course, if not your opinion is also very good.
    I hope to help you

see you, 73
    zen

https://www.qrz.com/db/YG8RQN

3. W9RAC

W9RAC Subscriber QRZ Page

If you insist......... 73 Rich
    https://www.on-air.world/the-dirty-30s-qsl-cards.html

YF8RQN likes this.
  4. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

K1OIK, W4ZD and YF8RQN like this.
  5. AG5WT

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's my idea"

qsl33.jpg

W4IOA, YF8RQN and G3ZPF like this.
  7. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

if they dont deign their own most hams seem to use standard designs. I thought about doing custom design as well but after talking to the local club, i determined that interest is nil.

8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

YF8RQN likes this.
  9. KA8NCR

KA8NCR Ham Member QRZ Page

Why not make it available as .psd and people can edit the various layers as they see fit. Or a template that people can input a form and it chews out a vector graphic format and they can do with it as they like.

I can't tell you how many cards I have received that were black with silver printing, just like my card. Just like my old man's card. I no longer use that one, but I'm still using the same card design that came after that.

10. AG5WT

Because there are already plenty of templates out there. And not everyone has the knowledge or software to customize a template. I'd rather offer a personalized design that someone can be proud of and treasure, so that's my angle.

G3ZPF likes this.