ad: M2Ant-1

Frank J. Fascione, K1MAA SK January 8, 2020

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Jan 9, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

2. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

THANK YOU LEE,

======== ARRL-Flag-waving-.jpg
    K1MAA.jpg
    ========== A GOD REST HIS SOUL NEW.jpg
    =======.========== A candle_animation_1_.gif

RESPECTFULLY,

K2HAT likes this.
  3. K2HAT

4. K2HAT

5. K2HAT

6. K2HAT

Copied from the Funeral Home website.

MICHAEL BETZ

January 10, 2020

Frank was a great ham, glad we got to share some QSO's and face to face at the SMOG events.

Frank was one of my XYL's 1st QSO on the air

RIP Frankie!

73 de K8ROK es K8ROX

Matt De La Hunt (K0KKO)
    January 10, 2020

We are truly going to miss Franco's 50 MHz scatter signal on 50.145! Our thoughts and prayers are with his Family. 73s, Matt

Greg Dahlstrom
    January 10, 2020

I will miss my ham radio friend happy we met and our many qsos, many via aurora. So happy met at Smogfest. My prayers for his family, 73 SK, de N8CJK

Tom-M7MCQ McQuiggan
    January 10, 2020

Frank was one of my first contacts on HAM RADIO and he was very helpful to me when learning a particular mode of operation. So very sad to find him gone.

RIP Frank,

Tom - M7MCQ - UK

[​IMG]
    Joe Carcia, NJ1Q
    January 10, 2020

My gosh!

I am so sorry to hear of Franco's passing! I've known him for quite some time. He was an awesome guy.

He may have looked like a rough and rugged linebacker! But he was a kind and funny teddy-bear.

I always enjoyed his visits to where I work. He even volunteered back in 2014. Here is a photo of him, albeit his backside! :)

His love of, and passion for, Amateur Radio was awesome. It's that kind of dedication that makes the effort all worthwhile.

Frank attended E. C. Goodwin Technical HS (in New Britain) many years ago. My son also attended ECG Tech. Oh, the conversations we had about that school!

Dude, I'm going to miss you. Wherever you are, I hope you're having fun, and hamming it up big time!

73 my friend!

Joe, NJ1Q

[​IMG]
    Lee Hatfield
    January 10, 2020

My Sincere Condolences to all who knew Frank.

I knew Frank via the Amateur Radio Hobbby,
    he was a very enthusiastic "Ham".

I am glad to have called Frank a friend.

Gone but never to be forgotten.

K1MAA Silent Key

73 K2HAT

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/new-britain-ct/frank-fascione-8990387

7. K2HAT

Ellis Foley
    January 13, 2020

Just found this out today, I wondered why I had not heard Frank on 6m, we met years ago when he had his 1st call and was new to 6m. shared hours of enjoyable qso's with Frank. His great personality, and presence on 6m will be missed. I have a W1AW card that Frank procured for me for working the league. mentioned to him one day I've worked the league tons of times and never got a card. He got me one. after checking the log there. it is tacked to my radio bench I see it every day. so he will not be forgotten Thanks old friend and 73 Gud DX!
    de Ellis WA1RKS

8. K2HAT

Pete Csanky VE3IKV
    January 15, 2020

Frank (Franco, Frankie) will always share a special place in my heart.
    We spoke many times on 6 meters from locations near & far and met in person at the 6m SMOGFests, swapping radio tales, always with his infectious enthusiasm & great sense of humor. Frank was only retired for a few short years - it's a lesson to all of us: "carpe diem". My condolences to his entire family. See you down the coax, Frank!

Ron Klimas
    January 15, 2020

Just heard the sad news today. I knew Frank for many years and had lots of fun chasing the 6M DX with him. Frank also did a fantastic job putting in a concrete tower base for me. He was both a hard working and fun loving guy. I'll never forget his smile and the infectious laugh he had. RIP, Frank.
    73 Ron WZ1V

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/new-britain-ct/frank-fascione-8990387

9. K2HAT

Yesterday was Frank's birthday, and a friend of his posted this on the Funeral Homes Memories site.

Angela Atkins
    January 21, 2020

Franco is an amazing person inside and out! Always had a heart of gold , always very funny!! I met Franco a little over 10 years ago, when I used to be his neighbor he had asked if I could help him paint one day and the next thing you know he was teaching me how to do concrete and became my best friend!! We both loved the same music and well Journey we would rock out to it always!!! He has taught me so much and it’s so hard to accept that he is gone I still find myself looking for him when I’m around his neighborhood. I am so blessed to have known him it’s very rare to find someone who is as genuine loyal and loving like Franco!!
    ❤️ Happy Birthday Franco!!❤️ RIP Best Friend❤️

10. K2HAT

Memorial Day today, and Frank is one of many people I remember that have gone too soon.

73 OM de K2HAT

K1LKP likes this.
  11. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

HI FRANK --K1MAA respect fully vy73 DJOAJ erkem