ad: cq2k-1

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 97

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Apr 14, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK6NSB

VK6NSB Ham Member QRZ Page

How true. They want more power, more modes. I own a Kenwood TS 520SE that sat under my bed for 2 years until I UPGRADED so I could use it

WQ4G likes this.
  2. K8BPZ

K8BPZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have felt the same way here at times, but I also realize that sometimes it is our inability to speak what we really mean. The words get in the way, no sexism and not political correctness necessarily, but differences in lifestyles, use of English across English-speaking countries even, and our environments, upbringing, education, vocation, and cultural differences that are very close but just enough different. Just my opinion.

WQ4G likes this.
  3. K4EJQ

K4EJQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot fewer "gentlemen " around these days to "honor" any "agreements" made yesteryear. I don't feel so well myself !! 73, Bunky, K4EJQ

K0PV/SK2023 and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  4. KK6HUY

KK6HUY Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing, but look at the comments that your observation generated. I think that's all the answer anyone needs as to "what's gone wrong with amateur radio?". Or Western society, for that matter. A large percentage of people utterly outraged and spitting mad that they are expected to be polite.

VK6APZ/SK2022 and WQ4G like this.
  5. AC7DD

AC7DD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Perhaps what's missing is gentlemen. Values like trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent have been forgotten by many. We need to maintain our civility regardless.

VK6APZ/SK2022 and WQ4G like this.