ad: cq2k-1

Foundations of Amateur Radio - Episode 96

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Apr 8, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Service Schmervice. A male panda bear can service a female panda.

Everything doesn't have to have a point. I go "fishing" for QSOs 'cuz it's relaxing. My neighbor ties flies, and I tie wires.

2. VR2BG

VR2BG Ham Member QRZ Page

From the ITU RR:

"1.19 radiocommunication service: A service as defined in this Section involving the transmission, emission and/or reception of radio waves for specific telecommunication purposes."

Hence "amateur service". When your country participates in ITU - the basis for the modern global RF civil society - it agreed to do things per the ITU Constitution, Convention & Radio Regulations. Much of what is in your country's telecom law/regulations comes from these texts. It would behoove us all if everybody at least had some grasp of the fundamentals behind the amateur service. The lack thereof I often see evidence of here.

73, ex-VR2BG/p.

3. K9RBH

K9RBH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Forget that center of the universe stuff, without each other around the globe, there would be no DX!

VK6APZ/SK2022 likes this.
  4. KN0DE

KN0DE Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too, LOL I using a ground mounted vertical and making contacts 10,000 miles (16,093 Km) away!
    I never made a contact to Europe, though I am still making good contacts.
    By the way guys, a good contact does not have to be a 1000 thousand miles away or more, you just nice talk with someone to make international good will, (which is one of the reasons my country has the "service").

OH2FFY likes this.
  5. W3TWG

W3TWG Ham Member QRZ Page

I can agree with that!