ad: wmr-1

Forum Style Recent Change with Dark Shack?

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WA2CWA, Aug 1, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Fred added the "Dark Shack" view some time ago and I found it very pleasing on the eyes.
    Recently, several sticky topics have now become highlighted in white disturbing the Dark Shack viewing.
    Is it something QRZ has done or have I somehow on my computer forced this to happen?
    Personally, I find it annoying when using the Dark Shack view.
    I have attached two views:

Attached Files:

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

For us white screen users there's now an annoying orange line between sticky posts. I guess someone thought there was something that needed to be fixed.

3. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Developers like to call that "enhancing the user experience"

Sorry, it's now "A compelling community experience" :rolleyes:

4. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

does that mean this is something permanent? It just started happening to me also and it's very distracting

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

If the change made a positive impact we would be hearing about how great it is. The opposite seems to be the focus.

6. WA2CWA

When I posted this on Thursday, 8/1, in Ham Radio Discussions, roughly an hour later it was moved to this forum with an alert to me that said:
    "Your thread Forum Style Recent Change with Dark Shack? was moved to a different forum. Reason: Moved to a forum likely to get more responses
    7:41 PM"
    I'll make the assumption that a moderator moved it, and if so, you would think that the moderator of that forum would know why the "Dark Shack" view stickies (some not all) were returned to the default white color totally detracting the "Dark Shack" format. Fred's generation of the "Dark Shack" format was a real blessing for those of us that can't view the "white" default view for long periods of time. i.e. It hurts the eyes plus I think it looks a lot better. To make it even more annoying, since it highlights some of the stickies which appear at the top of each forum section, that is where all the latest posts also start.

K3XR likes this.
  7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think it was done to get attention so users don't ask a question over and over and over and over and over and over Again.

8. WA2CWA

What questions:

[​IMG]

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The change was an effort on Fred's part to try to steer folks to read the "Stickies" - most specifically in the "Swapmeet" forum. It's amazing how many ads are posted in Swapmeet that don't meet the rules and have to be moderated, when a simple scan of the appropriate Sticky post would explain all they need to know.

And of course the endless posts / pings about "why can't I post in the Swapmeet?" and "How do I get ID Verified?" etc. etc. would hopefully go away as folks would seek the answers all clearly posted in the Stickies.

But he may not be aware that it looks odd in "Dark Shack" theme
    @AA7BQ

Dave
    W7UUU

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is the ones I was talking about.

You would think users would look a bit before they post, Not start a new thread to make it even more confusing.

Fred should make that Pin flash on and off with many colors. :)