FORDS SUCK

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W3SY, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W9JI

W9JI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w3sy @ Feb. 27 2004,14:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DO NOT BUY A FORD! FORDS SUCK!

FORD EXPLORER = WORST VEHICLE IN HISTORY.

DO NOT BUY A FORD!

<span style='color:red'>YOU'LL BE SORRY, SUCKER!</span>
    [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    what he said  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]  [​IMG]

The above is the opinion only of Happy_Hamer, not factual. [​IMG]

2. W2WP

W2WP Ham Member QRZ Page

I sure wouldn't mind one of the new 2005 Mustang Mach 1's!

3. KB1KIX

KB1KIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Ahhhh, that was entertaining.

All I can say is....

when I had a wrecker (Ford, of course), I had a woman with a broke down Tahoe. She kept ranting on and on like the post with all the anti Ford rhetoric. So, I let her go on with her &quot;Find On Road Dead&quot; yada yada yada.

Then she gets to how she loves her Chevy and such and such and this is a rarity....

So, yet another five minutes goes by, and I still have 20 more minutes left with this woman. So, I decided to just tell her &quot;Your Chevy is being towed by my Ford&quot;.

20 minutes of silence..... priceless....

Jonathan

4. K8ERV

K8ERV QRZ Member QRZ Page

Marty, where did you come up with $2000? My latest car is a 2001 explorer, about $24k. Here are the taxes

2001 $396
    2002 $235
    2003 $140

TOM K8ERV

5. W3SY

W3SY Ham Member QRZ Page

FORD = Flipped-Over Road Disaster
    FORD = Fired Our Research and Development

From the XYL:

FORD = Figure On Rapid Deterioration

6. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] i love / hate it when folks LIE to me ( and others ), and I LOVE / HATE it even worse when they get caught for what they printed earlier to I and others ...not only in this thread, but other threads, too !! [​IMG]

7. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

Taxes on vehicles? What are those?

I renewed my license plates on Saturday and it cost $55.30 including $1.00 for the fee for renewing them at a place other than the county tax-assessor's office!

Now, I will admit that when I first moved to Texas in 1967 that the license fees were only about $12.00.

I believe that a few counties may still have &quot;ad-valorum&quot; taxes on vehicles, but in Collin County we don't. Texas also doesn't have an income tax (it is political &quot;suicide&quot; for any state representative or senator to even mention the subject!). We do have a 6.25 percent state sales tax and cities can levy up to 1 percent and &quot;special&quot; agencies like radpid transist can levy up to 1 percent. However, the maximum sales tax that can be issued anywhere in the state is 8.25 percent. Also, food, medicine, certain labor charges, etc., are not taxable.

Glen, K9STH

8. N0ZB

N0ZB Guest

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KB1KIX @ Mar. 01 2004,09:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">20 minutes of silence..... priceless....[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    Silence?! Priceless?!

With Bob as your avatar?

Have you forgotten the surreavolutionary doctrine of PATRIO-PSYCHOTIC ANARCHO-MATERIALISM? Where's the Morealism? Where's the Bulldada?

Anywho......what a treat. I haven't seen a computer spit out an image of Bob since an early 80s Atari!

Defend Slack, fight Pink!

9. K3UD

K3UD Guest

For a long time we were a Ford family.

The first car I remember riding in was my Father's 1949 Ford. The front door on the passenger side would sometimes open in a left hand turn and my most vivid memory was my brother sitting in the front seat when it happened, sliding towards the open door and my father very calmly reaching over and pulling him back in. My mother told him to either fix it or get another car.

In 1965 we purchased a Ford LTD. This was the car which Ford touted as being as quiet as a Rolls Royce. I remember the commercials where the technicians had the decibel meters to prove it. Tom McCahill of Mechanix Illustrated magazine had quite a bit to say about that in his review (anyone remember him?)

My first car was a 51 Plymouth 3 on a tree. I quickly graduated to a used 66 Custom 500 with a 390 V8 that could really push you back into the seat.

My first new car was a red 71 Pinto (exploding gas tank variety) for which I paid $1,900 and was able to finance it with a part time job while going to college. The Pinto and I had a love/hate relationship, I loved to hate it.

Ford's advertising at that time had the tag line... Ford Has A Better Idea... and the icon of a light bulb. At the time I used to add the line... Ford Has A Better Idea... we are going to shut down all production.

Did you know that the the Mustang II was really a Pinto in different sheet metal, just as the original Mustang was a redesigned Falcon?

George
    K3UD

10. KF7QQ

KF7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Steve, Steve, Steve, common knowledge bro!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.