FORCE12 /RF Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WA7DUH, Sep 16, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. WA7DUH

WA7DUH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

***WARNING ABOUT FORCE 12 /RF Acquisitions *** Do Business With Them At Your Peril

April 9, 2016, I ordered a Alfa-Spid RAK Antenna Rotator, Digital Controller and Mounting Foot from RF Acquisitions/Force12 in Grand Junction, CO, USA using their online website. I paid in full via Paypal $1,355.98 which included shipping. I received an order acknowledgement and Paypal confirmation that money was received.
    Over the next five months, I received a string of excuses and "just hang on" from both Bill Hein AA7XT and Jon Kimball representing Force12. Everything from a death of the patriarch of Spid that shut down the factory in Poland, to a Canadian mail strike was the cause for delay. I guess I was a sucker, but I really needed the rotator as my SteppIR had destroyed the TailTwister I am using.
    The last response I have received from them was Aug. 29, 2016, via email when Jon Kimball replied to my query with "Hi Steve, Thanks for the QRX on this. Tomorrow, shipping! All the best, 73!"
    Since then, all phone calls go to voicemail, and emails are unanswered. At first I figured that like many very small businesses, they are in financial trouble and are treading water. But it is more than that-- they are trying to defraud me-- by running out the 6 month time limit on Paypal Buyer Protection.
    I thought Force12 were nice guys-- you expect that from fellow hams. NOT SO.

WD0FIA likes this.
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N5LB likes this.
  3. N5LB

N5LB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After this much time I'd pull the trigger and have PP get my money back. After the company sorts out their issues perhaps some business could be completed. That's too much money to have in the wind, money that could be used for something else. Nothing that WA7DUH presented inspires much confidence and the company is acting like one in survival mode, short of cash, and no inventory and on COD with suppliers.

WD0FIA, W0BTU and WK9U like this.
  4. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

I can state with metaphysical certainty that they are not in financial trouble....

5. WA3LKN

WA3LKN Ham Member QRZ Page

Paypal has a time limit on refunds. You're 6 months out...

W0BTU likes this.
  6. AK9S

AK9S Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing. That is completely unacceptable.

WD0FIA likes this.
  7. KB4QAA

KB4QAA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I could only find one complaint against Force 12 , and that was 20 years ago from 1996.

8. KD0WGB

KD0WGB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I BOUGHT AN ANTENA THROUGH THEM ONCE. IT TOOK ME 2 PLUS MONTHS TO GET IT. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS LOUSY

WD0FIA likes this.
  9. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

If you are past the PP time limit, you can contact the state or county prosecuting attorney in the vicinity of the company or owners. I've done that twice, once for a individual and the other for a large corporation. Both times I got my money.

WD0FIA likes this.
  10. WD0FIA

WD0FIA Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw this when I started getting curious. Hopefully this means WA7DUH will get his item. If not I also have a outstanding order with Force 12 I will have to follow up on.

73 Keith WD0FIA
    Force 12 continues to support Alfa Radio in their efforts to satisfy all AlfaSpid orders

AlfaSpid Backorder QRZ.com Rotator Spid
    by Jon KL2A September 16, 2016

We'd like to take a moment to update our valuable clients and interested parties on the progress of the AlfaSpid product line's recent and unfortunate backorder situation.

Today, Force 12 was alerted to a QRZ posting from a concerned customer regarding a long-awaited AlfaSpid Rotator sales order from Force 12. Force 12 has, in turn, replied to the author by email and by telephone to discuss his concerns.

This particular buyers concern is indeed valid. Due to an unforeseen event, an extended period of limited to no production followed at the factory in Poland. Since then, a long list of buyers awaits shipment of their rotators, including the QRZ post author.

It is also true there have been periodic, hopeful reports that rotators were shipping soon, or shipping tomorrow. Force 12 in good faith then relayed these messages on to the awaiting customers.

Some of Force 12’s favorite clients have requested refunds during this time and that is understandable. Others have preferred to secure and maintain their position in the line-up.

Over the past couple of weeks, several rotators have shipped to awaiting customers. In the Force 12 update call today with Alfa Radio in Edmonton, Alberta, Force 12 learned a substantial re-supply of AlfaSpid Rotators are due to clear customs early next week.

Thanks to all involved for their continued patience as capacity is restored in Poland, Alberta, and Colorado.

KB4QAA likes this.