FOR SALE: Single Lever Keying Mechanics

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by DH5AK, Dec 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. DH5AK

DH5AK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a few single lever mechanics for sale which are very small but were made with an extraordinary high precision. I have taken these from some vintage technical equipment which was manufactured by Siemens in Germany - somewhen in the 60s. I have done some mechanical work and now they are prepared to be used as single lever mechanics for CW now.

These single lever mechanics all have taut band bearing which has a result of zero backlash and no mechanical hysteresis! The lever has magnetic centering and damping and the contacts even have ceramic insulation. The adjustment of both contacts is extremely fine threaded and lockable with an additional screw.

These single lever mechanics have small metal paddles, a bit too smal to be used as paddles. If you glue a paddle on this small metal paddle, you may take wood, a piece of acryl (PERSPEX) or a piece of FR4 epoxy circuit board, and screw the keyer to a heavy base plate or directly inside your homebrewed QRP-radio you can start operating. All this is done in less than an hour or so - most time is needed for the glue to set!

I want 18,-USD for each mechanic plus 12,-USD for registered and insured shipping from DL. If you want to buy more than one, then I need to check the shipping at our post office. I have a verified PayPal account, which we may use for payment.

The pictures shows the mechanic, but I offer to send further pictures if you think you need them.

I have an even smaller russian type on stock. As you can see on the pictures, this one is a bit different in construction but still excellent. It has knive blade bearing and is some 25% less in hight but has about the same footprint. I have just one of this kind left. It costs the same as the Siemens types do.

Do not hesitate to ask for details if you are interested in one or the other.

73 de Andy DH5AK

06280002.JPG eham-pic.jpg P1050317.JPG siemens & russ 2.jpg siemens & russ 3.jpg Siemens draufs.jpg

WL7PM likes this.
  2. DH5AK

DH5AK Ham Member QRZ Page

Due to a severe change the shipping policy of "Deutsche Post AG", I am NOT able to offer these excellent keyers in this way anymore. The shipping charges would swallow 90 percent of the money. However, I will leave this advert here for the case that someone has the intention to buy my whole stock (some 30 or more keyers, I need to count them) for a special sprice or has another idea how to solve the shipping problem for these lightweight small items from DL the the US.

73 de Andy DH5AK

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019