For owners of Yaesu FT 891

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by IU8MOA, Sep 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. IU8MOA

IU8MOA Ham Member QRZ Page

MAIN VERSION V01-07
    DSP VERSION V 02-03
    LCD VERSION V01-01
    Hello everyone,
    sono iu8moa (ex i8vkb) I appeal to all owners of ft891 if you can test them for abnormal behavior.
    Developing software for the cat I came across a problem that you can't understand and I don't know if it's just mine or it's a problem
    generalized radio management software.
    Enter the Function 1 menu and deactivate the MON (monitor) function. Now activate and deactivate the SPL (Split) menu.
    what happens is that the monitor function is also activated and deactivated. If you instead keep the monitor active, activating and deactivating the split function is deactivated
    only that and the monitor remains regularly active.
    I wrote to Yaesu about this problem and for the moment I received an email saying that they had forwarded the email I sent to the engineering department.
    That's it, thanks for your cooperation

2. IU8MOA

Sorry
    I am IU8MOA............................................

3. IU8MOA

but i am the only owner in the world of the FT 891 ??
    :(:(:(

4. N5NXZ

N5NXZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll pull mine out of my go bag and test it out next chance I get. Hopefully tonight.

5. KD9CKB

KD9CKB Ham Member QRZ Page

that is the latest software from yaesu from 2017 !!,, it does still have several issues that I have noticed, I have been waiting for a newer software update but its almost 2020 and they still haven't fixed the issues so it looks like they gave up on the updates for the 891. all the issues I found are little and don't effect my using the radio, it is a great radio

6. IU8MOA

I am convinced that if everyone sent their problems or their experiences to the yaesu something would move within the engineering department.
    It is a real pity that they are not able to follow the problems of the various users who use their devices, while remaining a big house despite the small or large problems that can arise. Today, unfortunately, everything is delegated to software and computer control and despite all the software is not up to a radio that although beautiful and functional has inevitable bugs in the management software.
    Obviously the problem I reported is definitely nonsense, if you have the monitor turned off and the split function is activated, just go back to the monitor function and turn it off, but it's still an annoying thing.

7. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

you confirm my belief that mfgrs cannot test all possibilities in complex software .
    it is left to us to find...i had other issues with the 991a and sent it back. loved it but...