ad: Radclub22-1

For all you WW2 Warbird fans

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KM1H, Aug 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

As a USN vet I applaud their continued support of history. Radio related: They likely have a full set of operational radios that many of us repurposed when they were released as surplus.

My own WW2 radios were/are: ATC USN version of the ART-13 before the JAN program went into effect in 1943, BC-453, 454, 455, BC-312, BC-221, BC-779, BC-794, BC-1004, LM-13.

Carl

warbirds.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2020
    KC1DR, K0UO and K1LKP like this.
  2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a Gibson Girl that is fully functional
    S O S

N2EY and K1LKP like this.
  3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

tried to get one at Dayton years ago, but the clown wanted several HUNDRED BUCKS for it!!

4. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

The initial post had a URL which went missing.

Trying again
    http://warbirdsnews.com/warbirds-ne...i-for-wwii-75th-anniversary-celebrations.html

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

K1LKP and KM1H like this.
  6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

8. K1LKP

HATS OFF TO ALL THOSE COURAGEOUS PILOTS WHO FLEW THOSE MISSIONS DURING WW II.

THIS WAS THE OLE WW II DIESEL SUBMARINE THAT I WAS STATIONED ON DURING THE EARLY 60's AS A RADIOMAN.

TIGRONE ON LIFE GUARD DUTY.jpg

=========

THE TIGRONE WAS IN TOKYO BAY ON SURRENDER DAY

TIGRONE AT VJ DAY SEPT 2 1945.jpg

== AMERICAN EAGLE FOR MILITARY OBIT SMALL.jpg

9. VE3WI

VE3WI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice bunch of beautifully restored warbirds. Walked around them many times at Oshkosh.

Fifty years ago in college I worked summers as a navigator for New Brunswick Forest Protection Ltd., doing forest spraying for the spruce budworm. We flew in Cessna 172s, guiding teams of 3 TBMs. At the peak, FPL owned or leased most of the airworthy TBMs in existence. I got several TBM rides including Deer Lake, Newfoundland to Fredericton, NB. Great fun! So I still have an attachment for TBMs (we all called them "turkeys" back then). I also had a ride in a Nfld Forest Service Canso waterbomber (Canadian-built Catalina).

My WW2 radios are a serviceable BC-348, and an ex-RCAF ART-13 which I am (slowly) working to put on the air (need to build a PS).

Dave, VE3WI

KM1H and K1LKP like this.
  10. K1LKP

11. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am pretty sure all the "Silent Service" episodes are on YouTube. While the production values may not be up to "modern" standards, the true stories are first rate.

Some of the episodes have actors who later became well known. So far I've spotted DeForest Kelley and Leonard Nimoy of Star Trek (TOS) fame.

K1LKP and K0UO like this.
  12. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Easily found right from Wikipedia along with several others who gained some fame.

"Actors appearing on The Silent Service included Russell Johnson, cast twice as Edward L. Beach Jr. and once as "Eddie Kent". DeForest Kelley appeared in three episodes as Lieutenant Commander James C. Dempsey and Leonard Nimoy appeared in two episodes as Sonarman. Jerry Paris and Liam Sullivan each guest starred twice. Wright King played "Bony" in the 1957 episode "The Squallfish". Eric Morris appeared in nineteen episodes, identified only as "Soldier".

Other guest stars included Joe Conley, Jack Lord, Chuck Connors, Lawrence Dobkin, Joe Flynn, Ron Hagerthy, Adam Kennedy, Robert Knapp, Paul Richards, Edward Platt, Bing Russell, Craig Stevens, Dennis Weaver, Bob Denver, Dick Van Patten, L. Q. Jones, and Stuart Whitman."

Lets get back to the Warbirds

K1LKP likes this.
  13. K1LKP

THIS OLE RASCAL WAS TRULY AN "ACTOR"

W2NSD.jpg

K0UO likes this.
  14. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Wayne Sanger Green II. A lifelong friend of mine since a teenager in Brooklyn.

K0UO and K1LKP like this.