Foot Switch

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX5ALC, Sep 18, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KX5ALC

KX5ALC Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I'm not, Steve. I've never seen those offered anywhere. I'll try and check it out. Thanks. Kind of like "Kenwood TS-590SG For Dummies", huh? :D Is it really worth the bucks? I can't find many reviews of it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, it is.

This has been around for several years now: https://www.niftyaccessories.com/TS-590S.php

3. KX5ALC

You were posting when I was typing an additional question, Steve. :D Is it really worth the bucks or just a gimmick?

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a gimmick. The author of these "quick start guides" is a renown engineer from the San Diego area and has been publishing these for years, for dozens of rigs. He knows what he's doing.

I think his kids are actually running the "business" now but he still does the writing.

K8XG and KX5ALC like this.
  5. KX5ALC

Thanks, Steve. Told my little wife about this manual and she asked why I hadn't already ordered it! :rolleyes: (she must be seeing someone else..........she's really warmed up to ham radio............at least my participating in it.) :D:D:D:D:D

6. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I must have about 18 of those and keep them with the radios they work for, Hi Hi... I know Yaseu menus by heart but all the rest need the mini manual, Ha Ha

7. KX5ALC

Well, I ordered it so guess that's my first! :D

K8XG likes this.
  8. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No she is seeing value in what you are doing with radio where you folks are at...

9. KX5ALC

Your are probably right.

K8XG likes this.
  10. KK0SD

KK0SD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep The FS2 and its two (one delayed) contacts is the way to go.... https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-006038

K8XG likes this.