ad: ProAudio-1

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by K6OLE, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K6OLE

K6OLE Ham Member QRZ Page

I have made several observations of responses made by Rich(WA2RQY,RLUCCI 2098@aol.com,hvzap) and I feel a response should be made by me where more people will see it.

I bought a IC-2kl from Rich in September and had a very bad experience.  In my opinion the amp did not work when I received it as all I did was plug it into My IC 751-A with the cable he provided.  I also used my IC-500 tuner.  The light on the meter was burned out and the protection light came on when I checked it out on 20 meters.  All other bands worked perfectly.  I immediately E-mailed him and asked  for my money back(he refused,saying he had spent the money on a hospital bill) or let me send it to Icom for repair.  He never did say one way or another.  He wanted me to key the amp externally which I would not do.  That would just give him another way out.  What choice did I have?  I sent it in.  When the bill came I discounted it some as I had them check the 10 meter mod I had a friend install.  I also paid the freight both ways.  I sent him the bill and he sent me a E-mail going on for a page or so about why he wasnt responsible.  He didn't like my "TONE"

I have copies of all E-mails concerning the entire transction.  If you would like a copy let me know at k6ole@earthlink.net  You can make up your mind as to who is scamming who.

My son, the attorney (really is), tells me I could take him to court and probably win, but it would cost more then it is worth. So about the only thing I can do is to warn others, provide information, and let folks make up their own minds.  I  am retiring next month so I plan to keep the notices coming every time I see one of his ads.  73's Norm K6OLE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.