Follow

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K1OIK, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So Lisa (and everyone else) here is a screen capture after I clicked on follow. It also showed this before I clicked on follow. When I moved the mouse pointer to the word follow it tells me that you are not following me.
    Follow.jpg
    So if someone thinks a certain ham is following them just go to this screen after you click on their call under their avatar and then point at the word follow and it will tell you if that ham is following you or not.

John, WB0MPB

N6QIC likes this.
  2. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Burt, you've just got to learn to let go and move on.

[​IMG]

3. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

[Burt -- I'm neither following, nor ignoring you. Thanks for starting this thread.]

Like others have said, many of us don't follow anyone. It is a creepy option that I wish did not exist.

For me, having what appears to be a follower's mugshot is a little disconcerting. Having our addresses open to the public through the FCC doesn't help what I feel is a rational paranoia.

Ken

4. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Like what Bob stated in his reply...Burt, You just got to let things go you know ignore them.

5. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Burt, I starting "following" you yesterday. I got no notification at all when you posted today. I have absolutely no idea what it means to "follow" somebody. It seems to serve no purpose. I "unfollowed" you this morning.

K1OIK likes this.
  6. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Waiting around the corner with a 357 usually works..
    Ymmv

7. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Depends....

8. KD4IEM

KD4IEM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Your just a popular guy Burt! You make lots of forum post and aren't afraid to express your views regardless of who you might offend. You have probably made more than a few IGNORE lists, but your fans either love you or hate you, just the same. I guess it comes with the territory right.

Like Lisa said you can always hide your online presence in the options.

Have a good one...:D

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    KD8DEY likes this.
  9. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I ignore about 80% of the posts either that is a reply or when my name is mentioned. For Bob its higher.

10. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't own a gun nor do I need one to make me a man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.