Follow

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by K1OIK, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How do I stop someone from following me?

W4KJG likes this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello Burt,
    I don't know of any way to do that. I would ask this question in the support center.
    https://ssl.qrz.com/support

This is all that I have found.

help1.jpg

3. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting question. I think any forum is worthy of the threats that occur on FB. I quit FB years ago after helping to organize a HS reunion briefly.

I'm considering dropping out of forums also. One should do a risk vs benefit analysis for any internet endeavor. Being hacked or followed by creeps is hardly worth the benefit most forums offer. Forum policies and guidelines only apply to law abiding members.

4. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You are being watched.

No way around it.

Be a nice boy for Christmas. ;)

WN1MB and WD0BCT like this.
  6. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree that this is an option, however, how does one identify intimidation or stalking unless someone has threatened you? I can understand that one may feel intimidated or stalked even if no overt threat has been made.

7. K1OIK

I am not being threatened by this individual but as far as I know I am in his ignore list. What does following get the person following?
    I just despise him and I think he is looking for something to complain about.
    I have some people on my follow list but I have no clue how they got there.

8. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

They clicked the 'follow' link that comes up when one looks at your profile.

Or do you mean the list of people YOU follow? Unless someone can hack the system, you had to have clicked them if they are showing as ppl that you follow.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  9. K1OIK

But on MY follow list there are numerous people, but the guy I don't want to follow me is not on my list. How do people get on MY list?

10. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't see your reply when I edited mine a moment ago... unless someone hacked somehow, then you had to have done that! You can "un-follow" I believe, that's your choice.

Good question though about preventing someone from following you. I looked all over and can't see any option for preventing that. In my opinion, there should be a way. Say for example, if you put them on ignore, they should be prevented from following.

I can see where if someone wants to give someone a hard time, they can 'follow' and then reply to every thread they post with some snarky comment. Now I get it... I've seen that a few times with your posts and I think I know who you are wanting to block from following you.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.