ad: MLSons-1

Florida Repeater Council members reject corruption.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W9CR, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY5G

KY5G Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

"Lighten up, Francis." - SFC Hulka, Stripes.

KC4YDY likes this.
  2. NM5DD

NM5DD Ham Member QRZ Page

They are just reporting the facts, can't sue over the facts.

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Please look at my previous post #76 on that, as one example.

Unfortunately your comment only enforces the notion that defamation is being positioned to an audience as fact, IMO.

K3XR likes this.
  4. K4INI

K4INI Ham Member QRZ Page

I would love to see peace and the ability to get repeaters on the air and working I understand they are not used anymore if you think I am kidding try and call a ham fest to get directions never get a answer but there are a few of us old die hard left .As a child I was taught to treat everybody the same but it never seemed to work. It was who you knew as to what you got . I walked away from FRC years ago after going bald trying get a 2 meter pair for this county was a dozen in the area with no operation no id ect had weeks and weeks of tape with date stamps to prove it but was told every time one of those pairs was discussed ''oh it took a lightning strike and off for a few days '' it had been months just gave up and did not renew my membership so I do not have the right to say yeah or nay but if it ever gets ironed output and turns out to be a good fair council I will Join again .
    as for my keyboard , yes one with the letters would be nice and a good set of eyes would be a fantastic . if you don't like my typing then keep on moving

KC4YDY likes this.
  5. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

How much are you making off this? Which one of the booted directors is your bud? Why dont you just go away. No one really cares what you think

You sound like a little kid thats mad cause he cant play. If you have any evidence contrary to the original post, post it or just go away.

If anyone wants a repeater, put it up. These morons have no legal authority to do a darn thing about it.

AI7PM likes this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...and...
    (wait for it)
    yet more attacks.

See post#57

We see -- here--- hate.

Hate hate hate.

A sad day in amateur radio.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

"How much are you making off this?

A: All the former directors are going to get a bill for $1,000,000 in Monopoly money. Apiece. I like the different colors on the various denominations.

Which one of the booted directors is your bud?"

I assume you mean 'friend' or 'close acquiantance'. A: NONE.

Why dont you just go away. No one really cares what you think(sic)

A: God Loves Me.

You sound like a little kid thats mad cause he cant play.

A: I just cut 5 tracks in the basement studio, Played on the new Ric. There are HOT! By golly I can not only PLAY by S-H-R-E-D.

If you have any evidence contrary to the original post, post it or just go away.

A: The original post is sufficient evidence for defamation of the former directors of FRC, an opinion I have already expressed.

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Here's a rough template of what , IMO, should have been the OP regarding the change of the board for the FRC. This is my suggested wording. Try your own.

This makes the point, without defaming anyone.

FLORIDA REPEATER COUNCIL MEMBERS REPLACE BOARD

In a recent meeting of the FRC, the members moved and acted to replace the existing board.

This action resulted from discontent and frustration amongst the membership with the governance and concerns about the decision process of the previous board. The new board is well aware of these issues and felt that new leadership would be best to move the FRC ahead.

The new board includes : etc.

9. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

I've read all 12 pages of this thread. And I haven't been to Florida since...1989.

But there is something that, I think, is being overlooked:

the phrase consent of the governed refers to the idea that a government's legitimacy and moral right to use power is only justified and legal when consented to by the people or society over which that political power is exercised.

Seems this board has had lost the support of 'the governed' - revolutionary indeed.

N8UMW likes this.
  10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

IMO it is likely that a lawsuit by the former board members will lead to a substantial award. You can do the math and look at the risk. Here is my opinion of the estimate; you can do your own:

--Complaint against new board: at least $1,000,000
    --Complaint against individual members: at least $5.000.000
    --Minimum out of court settlement offer by plaintiffs( along with a formal printed apology): $2,000,000

I doubt any prior D&O insurance will be valid given the alleged 'coup' and the defamation.

Basically, IMO, if you are a member of the FRC (one of the 85 who signed the proxy), better say goodbye , at least in part,to your retirement and kids college funds. No trips to Disneyworld,IMO, will be imminent.Your opinion may differ from mine--again, do your own estimate. In any case as soon as there are plaintiffs on a complaint, the members better assume lawyer costs of at least $100,000 IMO.

Of course, one option, IMO, is to issue a formal apology now for defamation, as a retraction, and let the governance issue settle separately.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.