ad: vanity

SOLD Flex-Radio 5000A w/2nd Receiver and VHF/UHF Upgrades

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by K0MHC, Feb 26, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K0MHC

K0MHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Just back from Flex-Radio. This “stock” Flex-5000A, (SN:3707-5076) has been operated in a smoke-free, pet-free, desk-top environment. Used primarily for driving 6, 2 and 0.7 meter external-amplifiers and as the 28 MHz IF rig for multiple, external-transverters (222, 902 & 1296). It has not been used on the HF bands. Package includes the 2nd receiver, V/U upgrades (all factory installed) and original packaging.

It worked as expected with no issues until recently when it was sent back to Flex-Radio for diagnostic testing, replacement of a defective internal relay, factory reset and recalibration.
    Now, all HF & 6-meter bands provide a minimum of 100 watts RF output power using the internal PA. I tested it during the January VHF contest from using my laptop (yes via Firewire). *It worked great on 6-meter FT-8.
    Both the internal 2-meter PA and the internal 0.7-meter PA provide ~30 watts of drive for external amplifiers (not included).
    The 28 MHz IF output provides 0 to 3 dBm of drive for external transverters (not included).

All interface cables are shielded and filtered: power supply, Firewire, PTT and FHM-31 microphone are included (see photo). IMG_2056.jpg IMG_2053.jpg IMG_2052.jpg IMG_2055.jpg

The asking price is $1700 shipped and insured to CONUS. I accept PayPal only, and I’m not interested in a trade.
    *WSJT-X FT-8, laptop and firewire configuration information available on request. Laptop and firewire adapter are not included in this sale.

Please contact me via e-mail: k0mhc(at)arrl.net for more information.

N2YGI, W2CSI and KN4OO like this.
  2. K0MHC

This radio is currently on-hold pending final payment.

3. K0MHC

SOLD!

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.

Unverified Sellers - are sellers who have not yet completed the Verified User program at QRZ.
    As of July 1, 2019, only Verified sellers will be permitted to list in this forum.