Flex Maestro, 6600M and 6400M Presentation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, May 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you Mike, VA3MW for a great presentation. Flex 6600M and 6400M displays are identical to this Maestro.

flex.jpg

The Flex 660M, 6400M and Maestro places the most frequently used radio controls directly at your fingertips.

K7ART, IZ0TRL, N0YPD and 4 others like this.
  2. W9MO

W9MO Ham Member QRZ Page

Are you getting a Flex now?

K0PIR likes this.
  3. KV5J

KV5J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nope.

4. WN2C

WN2C Ham Member QRZ Page

Me neither. I already have one!

K0PIR and K7QDX like this.
  5. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, but I think the LCD is very impressive. The external monitor resolution is impressive too.

Maybe someday I'll have a Flex.

6. W4FBI

W4FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess the waterfall doesn't work while remote. I notice it is stationary.

7. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, the waterfall works fine on the Maestro both on a local network and via SmartLink.

8. K1SZO

I do not believe this is correct. I believe the displays on the M models are higher resolution than what the Maestro has. I have the non-M Flex-6400, but if I remember correctly when I was deciding, that was brought up and the question if Flex was going to upgrade the Maestro to support a display with the same resolution as the M models.

I do not have any issues with the resolution of my Maestro though. It works great.

K0PIR likes this.
  9. W4FBI

W4FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

ok, but wondering why is the waterfall stationary in the video? I believe he said he was remoting to his Flex in Canada.

10. K1SZO

Initially it did look stationary, though if you keep watching the video. He zooms in (touch screen pinch) and you can clearly see it moving. (he even speeds up the waterfall) The more you zoom out, the more bandwidth is required. He mentioned that his connection is a 1mb connection and that when he zooms out too far, it saturates the connection.

Also, when you connect to the radio, you have two options. A regular connection and a low bandwidth option. Honestly, I've never even tried the low bandwidth option so I really can't say.

I operate my Flex exclusively remote. (currently in an apt, the Flex is connected to an yagi on a tower) I only use my Maestro when I'm travelling as at home I use my desktop and since I want to do digital modes. (digital modes requires a Bridged VPN if used remotely) The Maestro isn't capable of digital modes that I know of.