SOLD Flex 6500

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by N3JS, Mar 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. N3JS

N3JS Ham Member QRZ Page

Selling my Flex 6500. I'm the original owner, bought it in February 2016. It's in perfect working order (note pic of transmitting 100 watts into a dummy load) and in very good cosmetic condition. Comes with the Flex hand mike and nothing else - the power supply you see in some of the pictures is NOT included. I do not have the original boxes. It's still running SSDR 1.10.16 - never upgraded to v.2.

The rig is absolutely delightful as a fixed-station HF radio, with far and away the best receiver I've ever had the chance to use. I'm only selling it because I've moved from rural Virginia to a no-antenna HOA in Denver, and it looks like my future operating is going to be all mobile/portable. Much as I liked the 6500 as a base station, I don't think a computer-dependent no-knobs rig is going to be the ticket for mobile and portable operating.

Price is $1875 shipped to the lower 48. If you live in the Denver area and want to pick it up and save me shipping hassle, I'll knock $75 off the price. Will ship to HI, AK, or Canada, but will add actual shipping cost. Shipping to FCC license database address only. PayPal (from verified account) or USPS money order only (well, cash is ok if you want to pick it up).

Contact me through my QRZ email address if interested.

Flex_1.jpg Flex_2.jpg

Attached Files:

K7SWT, ZL1KFM and W9AT like this.
  2. KA4VNM

KA4VNM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does it have an internal tuner and what firmware are you running? I have a 6300 and am thinking of an upgrade. Too bad you moved to fast I live in NOVA.

Thanks,

Pat

3. N3JS

N3JS Ham Member QRZ Page

Let me add a few notes:
    • If you look at the setup screen picture, you can see this rig is at v. 1.10.16 of the firmware and software
    • My understanding is that if you want to operate remotely, you will definitely want to upgrade. If you just intend to connect the radio directly to your PC through an Ethernet port, like I did, v.2 doesn't really offer you anything much
    • Flex will charge you $200 to upgrade
    • The differences between SSDR v. 1 and v.2 can be found at https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/what-new-features-are-in-smartsdr-v2-0
    • This rig, like all 6500s, does have a built-in ATU, and I found it to work much better than most such. Matched a 5:1 SWR without complaint.
    BTW, anyone using Gmail - for some weird reason, it's blocking my replies. I get your messages, but my replies bounce. Will sort that when I get home tonight.

4. N3JS

N3JS Ham Member QRZ Page

The Flex 6500 has sold. Apologies to all who use a Gmail account, I'm still not able to reply to you for some reason.

5. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.