ad: elecraft

FLDIGI not working on Big Sur

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by K1VJ, Dec 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
  1. DM5KA

DM5KA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

2. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Has anyone else had a problem with FLDIGI decoding on Big Sur?? for some reason I will try to decode ritty but It will decode PSK31 and other modes instead.

3. KE5KTU

KE5KTU Ham Member QRZ Page

I downloaded and followed the directions to the best of my ability and it still says its not authorized on my mac book. Any help ?

4. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

What directions? There are two sets of files for Big Sur: one set is for Big Sur running on Intel chips and the other for the M1-based Macs.

The files for Intel-based Macs simply need to be downloaded, copied to the Applications folder, and ran. Usually, you can right-click on them and tell it to open. The first time it will give you the security run around. Just hit cancel and then go through the process again and it will allow you to open them. These can be downloaded from HERE.

If you are running on a M1-based Mac using Big Sur, you'll need to follow the how-to directions which involve copying some of the files over to a new folder. This only needs to be done on a M1-based Mac and trying to get these to work on an Intel-based Mac won't work. The files for M1-based Macs are found HERE, along with the directions.

5. KE5KTU

KE5KTU Ham Member QRZ Page

I have no idea which ones I need then. I am not very computer savvy which is why I got a Apple to begin with. LOL

6. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

When you said that the computer said that it wasn't authorized to run on your Mac, what was the exact message? Usually, when Fldigi is first installed, you should right click on it and choose "Run." It will throw up an error. Right click again and choose "Run" and it will come up and ask you if you're sure. Say yes and it should start. Once it does, you only have to click on it to get it to start again.

You also need to know whether you have an Intel-based Mac or one of the brand new (since November) M1 chips. They use different Fldigi executables. You can find this from "About this Mac" in the upper left corner of the menu bar.

7. WA0JGT

WA0JGT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm running Fldigi-4.1.18.05 on a 15" MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7
    The program is working fine it just causes my computer to run hot so the fans ramp up, and my 85 watt AC supply/charger cannot keep up thus using battery to make up the difference. If the program runs long enough the battery will run down. Anyone else having this problem? I checked the activity monitor and no other program is using much energy just Fldigi. Only running Fldigi, Flrig, and MacLogger.

8. AA0KM

AA0KM Ham Member QRZ Page

Does not run on Mac Mini M1 Big Sur 11.4 version. June-13-2021

9. KF0V

KF0V Ham Member QRZ Page

FLDigi runs fine on my M1 mini, the instructions for copying the config file are a bit different. I used fldigi-4.1.18_bs.dmg FLRig was another story, I asked on the mailing list and was sent a link for flrig-1.3.54.77_bs.dmg which worked perfectly.

If you're still seeing issued I'd suggest posting to https://groups.io/g/linuxham as I got a very quick response to my flrig question.

10. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

could you share the links you got?