FLDIGI not working on Big Sur

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by K1VJ, Dec 10, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K1VJ

K1VJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Had FLDIGI suite working on Catalina. After Upgrade to Big Sur, none of the software will open.
    Anyone have Fldigi working on Big Sur??
    Thanks
    K1VJ

2. N0KT

N0KT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I found a version of Fldigi 4.1.16 that runs fine on Big Sur. Sorry, I don’t remember where I downloaded it from.

3. K1VJ

K1VJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks. I just found the downloads specifically for Mac Big Sur Fldigi etc. at w1hkj.com/bigsur/

4. N6YWU

N6YWU Ham Member QRZ Page

What happens when you try to open the app?

Under Big Sur, if a downloaded app is not notarized, you may need to remove quarantine attributes from the app and all its downloaded libraries. You can often do that by right clicking to open and answering any permission dialogs.

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes, Dave (W1HKJ) had working versions of all of the FL* suite a day or two after the release of Big Sur. The issue was needing to build against a newer (beta) version of the FLTK libraries. He is also hard at work on a M1-chip compatible version, but isn't there yet at last check.

KF0V likes this.
  6. KF0V

KF0V Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning,

Did the Big Sur version work for others? I'm still seeing the same crash with it as I did with the .17 version on Big Sur.

7. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I've used it just fine. Did you download from the LINK provided above?

8. KF0V

KF0V Ham Member QRZ Page

Tried that link for the Big Sur specific version with the same result.

Anyone know if Dave has a support email? I’m happy to capture error logs.

9. K3DCW

The best place is the LINUXHAM mailing list on Groups.IO. However, his direct email is HISCALLSIGN@bellsouth.net.

Obviously, replace "hiscallsign" with his actual call sign.

KF0V likes this.
  10. KF0V

KF0V Ham Member QRZ Page

Quick update, ran down the issue with the Groups.IO list. Dave had me remove the fldigi_def.xml file and re-run configuration I'm up an running again.

NQ1B and K3DCW like this.