FLDigi & Navtex - help with logging messages

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KJ6MWX, Mar 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ6MWX

KJ6MWX Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running FLDigi 4.1.09 on a Raspberry Pi and using CubicSDR to decode navtex transmissions from an SDRPlay RSP1A receiver. I am listening to SITOR messsages being broadcast from the US Coast Guard station in Pt. Reyes, Ca. I can receive transmissions without any issues but I am having difficulty configuring FLDigi to automatically save navtex messages. I have tried the following:
    • I read the FLDigi manual and focused on the section discussing how to receive NAVTEX/SITOR B messages.
    • I am using the NAVTEX Op mode.
    • I checked the following on the Navtex Modem configuration screen: "Log NAVTEX messages to Adif file" and "Log NAVTEX messages to KML"
    • I verified FLDigi can see the correct heading - for example in my case "ZCZC CA02"
    • I verified FLDigi can see the correct ending message - "NNNN"
    When I check the Adif log, I don't see any entries for the message I received. How can I make FLDigi save the messages? Am I looking in the wrong place?

I have experience using SeaTTY on a windows machine but switched to FLDigi when I made the move to the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. KJ6MWX

KJ6MWX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just to follow up, I discovered I can can select File / Text Capture / Log all RX/TX Text then I can select File / Folders / FLDigi config and look for the log file titled today, open it, and view my Navtex messages in a raw log format. Maybe this is how this is supposed to work? I'm confused :)