FLDIGI Logging Problem

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by AA9UF, Aug 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
  1. AA9UF

AA9UF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been using MixW for many years but I would like to use FLDIGI. The problem is that when I transfer my log from MixW in ADIF format over to FLDIGI, information in the NOTES section of the MixW log DOES NOT transfer over. It is left blank. I like to add notes such as the radio the other op is running and stuff like that. Also, why is it that FLDIGI will not accept any other format but ADIF for log transfers? DE AA9UF

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

ADIF is the standard format for Data Interchange. As long as MixW is compliant it should be seamless.

http://adif.org/

3. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An easy check is to use a text editor to view the exported .ADI file. If there is a field for each QSO which had notes marked with something like -

<NOTES:23>Elecraft K3 into dipole

then fldigi should import that field. If the note is there but the tag is something other than NOTES (perhaps COMMENT), then fldigi will ignore that.

I had this happen to me when I tried to export a log from Airlink Express and import it to fldigi.

If you are only going to import your log once and then switch to fldigi, you should be able to do a search and replace and change the tags in each record to make the import work correctly.

You are probably aware that fldigi has a "fixed" set of columns for the log window, which does not include the NOTES field. Notes are added for a new QSO in an unlabeled box in the upper right of the main window, and logged notes are shown under the "Notes" tab in the log window. (Fldigi can log quite a bit of information, but much of it is not available in column view.)

Is it possible fldigi has imported the notes and you are looking for them in the column view?

4. AA9UF

AA9UF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, I learned a long time ago that ADIF files are not created equal, contrary to what most people think. I was working FD one time with a radio club that was using N3FJP softare which did not support digital modes. I was using MixW and I thought that transferring my log over to their program in ADIF format would work. Instead, it created a BIG MESS and I had to go through each of my entries and correct the exchange info.