FLDigi, JS8CALL, & FLrig

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by KO4CEQ, Aug 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KO4CEQ

KO4CEQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Good day everyone!

I am trying to setup FLDigi and JS8CALL to run concurrently, using FLrig for CAT control. So far I have the CAT control figured out through FLrig, but my Windows 10 machine won't let more than one program access the USB Audio Codec soundcard for my 7100 at a time. Whatever program I start first seems to tie down the soundcard. It seems to me this might be a Windows issue more than anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. N3RYB

N3RYB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My thought with this is, will you actually be running fldigi and js8call at the same time? Generally js8call and any modes you'd do in fldigi will be on different frequencies. I'm a Linux user, so I can't help out with Windows specifically, but it may be a simple matter of quit the one program first. It might be a non-problem :)

3. KO4CEQ

The plan is in fact to run both simultaneously, same frequencies, reading and decoding different offsets.

K8XG and N3RYB like this.
  4. K1APJ

K1APJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. KO4CEQ

I've used VAC before to pipe audio from a WebSDR into FLDigi. Will I be able to TX through the VAC too?

6. KO4CEQ

Somehow I have resolved the problem. I don't know exactly what it was, but playing around with the Win 10 device properties, I unchecked the box that read "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" for both the USB Audio Codec Mic and Speaker properties. After a few program restarts, both FLDigi and FLrig read both at the same time.

I just figured I'd put this update here for reference.

K8XG and N3RYB like this.