ad: Amateur-1

FLDIGI Freezes after transmit

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W3DDS, Jul 4, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WO2E

WO2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

( i know this post is old but this info would help somebody )same here. only with the G5RV antenna. my software would freeze with anything over 40 watts. i put a ground rod, change laptops, change tuners, different software nothing, the problem is with the USB cable i change it with one that had the filter only on one side, that did not work, i finally found a USB cable that had two filters on each end, that did the trick. pushing full power now and is clean. i wish west mountain radio would supply a USB cable with double filters. it will take away lots of headaches,

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That may be a patch, But not a fix, Because the original problem of RF in the shack is still there.

Enjoy.

3. WO2E

WO2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

wow sorry, i know how frustrating that could be i been there is horrible. good luck.

4. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

RFI maybe geting into your computer,use what the above suggestions, i used the " snap on " chokes and another thing is you can tell if there is a problem, is tha while transmitting, you accidentally move the mouse and it starts to act wild, then you know that RF is getting into your computer. So you may have shut it down and restart it. Best thing to do is get a computer like a lenovo e 495. I had a cheaper lenovo 100s and it lasted 4 years and rf would get into that little computer and lock it up. The more expensive,bigger machines work better and are not pron to RFI.