ad: UR5CDX-1

Fldigi Download

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by KF5NAJ, Oct 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KF5NAJ

KF5NAJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having trouble downloading Flidigi, I go thru the steps to install and the program puts Fldigi as a shortcut on my desktop to start the program. When I click on the desktop Fldigi symbol the programs opens and then with 2 to 3 seconds it shuts down. I have tried both the .18 and .17 version
    My computer is running Windows 7 and it was working before

Thank you for the help,

George KF5NAJ

2. AF9US

AF9US XML Subscriber QRZ Page

George,
    Unfortunately, I don't know the solution. However, you can find help at the Linux group on Groups.io. Here's the link to the linux group: https://groups.io/g/linuxham.

If you are not a member of Groups.io, you should register. The group of fldigi programmers provide support in the linux group, they provide support for fldigi running on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.

Good luck,
    Bernie
    AF9US/W6

3. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Curious, as Fldigi will easily run on just about anything.
    Did you try to uninstall, re-boot, then re-install as administrator?
    I've seen that cure a lot of evils. Good luck!
    Jim, WQ2H

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Try running fldigi.exe as administrator.

C:\Program Files (x86)\verXXX\fldigi.exe

5. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

There is also a Fldigi group for Windows users called winfldigi.

I have the .17 version on my Windows 10 laptop. It installed and works just fine. I looked at the permissions for fldigi.exe and it is set for "read & execute" and "read" for User and everything for Admin. I always run it as User.

When I installed it, I did it as user, but was prompted to allow the install to change things.

My install doesn't have any compatibility mode set, but you might try to set "Compatibility mode" to Windows 7.

I have Flrig and Fllog installed the same way.

I also have Fldigi, Flrig, and Fllog running on a Windows XP machine. Again, it works just fine.

Also check your security setup. Your security setup may be shutting it down, when it tries to run.

6. N9NAY

N9NAY Ham Member QRZ Page