Fldigi Contest Macros

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by KI7QVR, Apr 2, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI7QVR

KI7QVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings,

I recently discovered Feld Hell but like every mode, it takes a little digging to learn protocols, operation, etc. I stumbled on a Feld Hell Sprint this weekend and wanted to participate however, trying to find the proper macro so I could CQ/Respond proved fruitless. I continued to search the web and came up empty...

I didn't want to have to learn the macro format and commands on the fly so I was looking for some existing macros. As I said, I came up empty after an hour and a half of perusing the web and various documents.

Does anybody have any pre-made contesting macros for fldigi Feld Hell mode? Or direct me to a source? It would be much appreciated.

2. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The Fldigi Macro language is really easy to learn, and since you can easily adapt existing macros in Fldigi, there's no reason not to learn it on your own. If you spend a lot of time searching for pre-programmed macro files for Fldigi, you will be disappointed as they simply don't exist online. Everyone customizes them for themselves. However, to get you started, here are some examples that you could cut and paste into the macro files to use for the Feld Hell Sprint. There are no specific formats that have to be used, so you'll see slight variations on these:

For calling, most use some variant of the following:

<TX> CQ FH SPRINT de <MYCALL> <MYCALL> k <RX>

For answering, most use some variant of the following:

<TX> <CALL> de <MYCALL> <MYCALL> kn <RX>

For the exchange, it is usually some form of the following:

<TX> <CALL> TU 599 FH#### FH#### STATE STATE <MYLOC> <MYLOC> <MYNAME> <MYNAME> GL es 73 de <MYCALL> <RX>

You'll need to replace the FH#### with your Feld Hell Club number, STATE with your state abbreviation or name. The <MYNAME> is optional, but many Feld Hell'ers use it. Also, the exchange is usually a bit wordy as Feld Hell is a fairly casual mode, but you can shorten it if you want. For example, my Feld Hell Sprint exchange usually looks like:

<TX> <CALL> TU 599 FH2427 FH2427 MD MD FM18 FM18 GL es 73 de Dave K3DCW <RX>

Some sprints will require extra info, but this month's is fairly straight forward.

I hope this helps, and don't be afraid to get into the macros and experiment. The Fldigi macro language is very simple, very flexible, and can handle just about anything you want to throw at it.

3. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

FlDigi also lets you have different sets of Macro's. Before you create/amend your current set, look under the "file" menu. You can save your macro setup, maybe call it "standard", then make the set for FH. When you are done, save that called "FH". Now you can switch back and forth by opening the Macro file you want.

I have a few, one for normal operating, another for contesting, then when I'm a Special Event operator.

K3DCW likes this.
  4. KI7QVR

KI7QVR Ham Member QRZ Page

Perfect! Thank you so much.

Brian, KI7QVR