FLDIGI 4.0 no Transmit

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AC2MM, Dec 31, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. AC2MM

AC2MM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi guys,
    This is a bugger, but I can't get Fldigi to Transmit.
    I've been using DigiPan for PSK-31, and everything works fine, Transmit and Receive, no problems.
    That means all the Codecs are correct, hookup correct, radio set correctly.
    (I also used it to transmit on WSPR, which controls the radio fine also)

I'm using my Kenwood TS-590S, my SignaLink USB Soundcard controller going into the ACC2 port on the back of the KW. The Kenwood is configured correctly.
    It's all hooked up the way it always has been, I used it on PSK-31 many times using Digipan, and Digipan controls the radio fine, everything is peachy.

I've been through the older fldigi 3.x manuals several times, then I downloaded the newest Fldigi 4.0.x version, and went through the online manual. I'm getting eyestrain. (I wish they had a printable version)

I went through the Kenwood 590 Digital How-To pertaining to Fldigi 3.x, double checked the settings, and even checked online at TigerTronics who sell the SignaLink USB for any tips having to do with using that with Fldigi. I've been at this for 4-1/2 hours, nothing I do works.
    Fldigi, both versions, Receive fine through the SignaLink perfect, no problems.

I realize there's some button or checkbox that is special for fldigi here, but I've spent all evening on this and I can't get it to work.

Anybody got any suggestions please?

Thanks,
    Robert

2. KC8WPW

KC8WPW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have the same problem. I have an IC7410 and use a Signalink USB. I can use DIGIPAN and it works fine. I am using WIN10. I have searched for a setting in FLDIGI but cannot find anything.

3. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I am using a USBtoRS232 dongle with RTS/DTR to an EasyDigi board to activate the PTT pin on my IC756PRO. Fldigi needs to know the comm port address and have RTS/DTR selected. Then the <Initialize> button needs to be depressed and the <Save> button depressed. Hope this helps. You can use a DC voltmeter to watch the PTT voltage go to zero for transmit if the Kenwood is like an ICOM.
    FldigiPTT.png

4. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KI6HLD

KI6HLD Ham Member QRZ Page

The problem I had with the Signalink was that the audio setting on the computer needs to be set to full volume, or the VOX on the Signalink would not recognize the transmit.