FLDIGI – TS890s – Mac OSX Help Needed

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by N5ADJ, Oct 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5ADJ

N5ADJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have downloaded the Silicon Lab drivers and installed and rebooted then connected to the 890.
    FLDIGI is hearing the 890 and decoding great, but cannot transmit.
    I have watched many youtube videos and still missing something.
    890 Advanced menu 17 set to PTT.
    Menu 18 – 19 – 20 are set to OFF.
    I know baud speed needs to be the same. How to see Silicon Lab port speed an Radio Baud speed I know is 115200.
    Also have the 890 set to LSB and 890
    Should I be using FSK/PSK on 890?

Help is appreciated

Jerry/N5ADJ

Attached Files:

2. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

I have never had an Icom radio and have no idea what your menu settings represent. Regardless, are you using FLRIG?

Since you're employing AFSK, the rig needs to be in PSK mode or USB unless working RTTY (LSB regardless of band) while PSK31 doesn't care which mode you're in.

Browse or join https://groups.io/g/linuxham/ which supports fldigi and the Mac/Linux community

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

The TS890S is a Kenwood radio, not an Icom.

Working using AFSK, you do NOT put the rig into PSK mode, but rather use the USB DATA mode.

I've been working with Jerry offline and we'll get him on the air with the correct guidance.

4. K7GQ

K7GQ Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks

5. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For what it is worth, Jerry is now up and running. The issue was a combination of settings in the rig, but more significantly a bad USB cable.

Welcome to the 890S, Jerry. You'll love it!

6. N5ADJ

N5ADJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I do love it !
    Dave, Thanks again for your help, you are truly a great ambassador for amateur radio. I am really proud to have my 890s up and running on the digital modes with my MacBook Pro.

These last few weeks with my new rig have truly been fun, and a great way to forget this terrible Corvid-19 mess.

Stay Safe everyone!

K3DCW likes this.