ad: Correctmanual-1

FlagCounter Not Working

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by WB2YQH, Jun 4, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

help6.jpg

2. N6QIC

help7.jpg

3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

DOH! I was thinking I had to enter something into the actual source code... didn't occur to me that I can just use the GUI to center the graphic itself :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N6QIC likes this.
  4. N6QIC

It is all pretty easy once you figure it all out.

For reference the GUI is referred to as the CK-Editor or the editor. The source code page is within the editor. All widgets are added the same way. Once the code is added in source and saved, all other changes to widgets, text or pictures are done in the editor. Including copy/paste, deleting, text color, location on page, fonts, font size, font color, picture size, linking, etc.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Volunteer Moderator Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

FOUND IT!!! Turns out that if you use ad blocking extensions that the flag counter is viewed as an ad and not shown. That's all it was this whole time. So note to anyone reading this: if you block ads, you won't see the flag counter :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N6QIC likes this.
  6. W7UUU

Am I being a pest yet? :):)

I really do appreciate the help, Lisa (& Vlad).

So on alignment - when I select the image that is the flag counter, I only have the option of <not_set>, Left, or Right. There's no selection for "center" on this particular item. Obviously, it has worked very well for all of my other graphics. It's just the flag counter that grays out the "center" option.

Thoughts?

Dave
    W7UUU

N6QIC likes this.
  7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You will be a Webmaster soon. :)

N6QIC likes this.
  8. N6QIC

You are never a pest, I am happy that I can use my knowledge to help someone. :)

The easiest way to center the widget is to put your cursor somewhere on the page and click "center".Then enter a few times, should still be centered. Now highlight the Flag counter and copy, then paste where you centered the curser.
    There are other ways but this is the easiest.

When everything looks good then go back and delete the old copy of the Widget. If anything goes wrong in the edit, cancel out and go back in and try again.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  9. W7UUU

That worked perfectly!! Thank you Lisa :)

Dave
    W7UUU/K1T

10. N6QIC

Your Welcome, Next lesson.

When there is a link in text or a widget, hovering over should display a hand. The hand tells the user that the item is linked. If the hand does not display go into the source code page and find the line of code. Remove the word "default" and save.

help1.jpg

KA9JLM and W7UUU like this.